This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#294069 by Hackney_band_looking_for_Drummer
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:25 am
|London based guitarist & singer, looking for another guitarist or bassist to start band with. Have a listen to some tunes on the profile.

(Would then look for drummer if we got on and wrote some tunes that we were proud of and felt it was working.)

My main influences are bands that have created music that’s rich in detail, ideas and production, but initially created by only the four band members together. There’s just something really impressive about it. Also sonically, I like the idea of giving every instrument their own moments.

Instead of listing a million influences I thought I’d mention bands that I like that I think have achieved this:

Interpol / Gang of Four / New Order Joy Division / …And you will know us by the Trail of Dead / The Cure

I’m interested in meeting people of all abilities, but the thing I care most about is just your basic desire to WANT to actually form a band, write music and work hard at it.

Ambition, reliability and the basic ability to be normal - like respond to a message quickly, or show up on time are more important to me than talented flakey’s.

Not really after people who do this for shits and giggles, looking for people who seriously want to be able to stop the 9-5 and write albums and perform for a living.