This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#292968 by daniel1325176
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:59 pm
Hi,

we're a young band from Paris , pretty new we're all 16 years old.. We've play a couple of gigs covers and our own music. We have been offered a week at a venue at the Fringe Festival in Edinburgh , it's not free plus we'd have to pay for travel and expenses but is it a good idea ?

It look's more like a theatre thing ? Does anyone have any experience of it ? Or opinions about it ?

Thanks, Dan
#292970 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:16 pm
I doubt you are going to find anyone visiting this forum who has experience with this festival. Your best bet would be to google bands that did it in past years, then searching them out and asking them directly.
#292971 by daniel1325176
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:39 pm
Thanks for replying.

I did look up the schedule from last year but there seems to be a lot of jazz singers in cabaret and Blues Brothers type acts. I couldn't find any rock type stuff...

I was wondering what guys in the UK thought of it...is cool or ordinary or old people stuff ? You know... I hadn't heard of it before, I mean I know it's not Glastonbury,.