This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#283891 by HammyHamfist
Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:15 pm
I am seeking a prog rock vocalist/lyricist, to complete an album project. I have completed the rough demo's for the project and posted 2 of the tracks on my bandmix web page Maybot and Puckle. I would prefer someone with their own home recording set up or at least access to a recording facility, to record the vocals once the lyrics are written.

The band name is Puckle (Scottish for a small handful/amount), and the album is called The inner ear and consists of 4 tracks.
1 Maybot
2 In the dark recesses of my mind
3 Why is the universe so big
4 Puckle
This will be an internet only project with the possibility of a vinyl release.

Thanks Chris

https://www.bandmix.co.uk/hammyhamfist/
#283895 by schmedidiah
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:47 pm
you say "internet only project" and "I would prefer someone with their own home recording set up or at least access to a recording facility, to record the vocals once the lyrics are written." but don't seem to say whether you need to be in the same area or across the world from each other. maybe some clarification would help. if you are looking for local members, you should put the location in your topic title. if not, internet collaboraton would suffice.

i should warn you, these ads hardly ever elicit a single response. this forum doesn't work like that. go to your bandmix profile and search for musicians, bands there. good luck!
#284180 by HammyHamfist
Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:29 am
Thanks for your input schmedidiah, you raised some good points. For clarification yes i am after an internet collaboration with anybody in any location across the world, access to recording facilities would be a help unless you have a load of air-miles you would like to use. I am based in Scotland.

I have trolled through page after page of musicians and sent a few hopeful request out but with no replies so far. I realize that prog is very niche and it would be helpful to find a collaborator who is into the genre.

One bugbear is how few vocalist put up material that you can use to gauge if their vocal style suits the type of material i produce.

Thanks all for looking
#284184 by schmedidiah
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:17 am
I could give you 3 better leads than this place for online collaboration.

1. SoundCloud. Upload your own instrumental music and say "looking for vocalist" in the title. Or see who likes your tracks and message them for leads. I've been on there a couple of years and I've collaborated with about 2 dozen folks of different genres.

2. Ohm Studio. You set up a profile specifying genre and instruments played and what you're looking for and folks can message each other and get on each other's projects through the site. They even have a built in radio station that can feature your finished work. Only drawback is you have to log on with your digital recording interface plugged in or the recording software won't show up. It's free for the first ten projects (songs) then a cheap yearly fee after that.

3. Facebook groups. This is where everyone is heading these days. Once you find a group that fits, you can ignore the rest of that dumb site. :D
#284290 by Vampier
Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:05 pm
Christopher ... what part of Scotland ? Ta
#284392 by HammyHamfist
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:21 pm
Thanks schmedidiah, will check out your leads

Vampier I live in Kirriemuir (Where Bon Scott was born of ac/dc fame and home of the annual festival in his honor), which is near Dundee on the north east of Scotland

HAMMY
#284409 by Vampier
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:15 pm
Cool ... Ta for the articulate answer. My last name is Buchanan and have been in the States for two generations ... came from Glasglow before that. Good luck in your search.
#290680 by The Round Window
Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:35 am
Hi Chris

Just re-joined the site and seen your thread.

I'm a vocalist based down in Essex currently working on some more acoustic rock based material of my own but whilst I've never really sung on anything progressive I am a massive fan of the genre (Genesis-Floyd-Marillion-Big Big Train) and would be interested in contributing if you are still looking and like what you hear from me. There are two tracks on my Bandmix page which have been recorded this year and this is another track from an unfortunately short-lived project of last year:

https://soundcloud.com/fadedmargin

I do not have a home studio but I have access to a very local recording studio where we're currently recording stuff. I've listened to the two tracks on your page and they sound great.

Best,

Rich