This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#281323 by Shuggie
Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:07 pm
I recently joined this site to get myself back in a band after the band I plaid in for 10 years dispended this site was brilliant I soon got 4 Leeds as I had put on a link to my playing (drums ) with my old band and a brief description of myself. The first addition I went to was with a local band that ticked all my boxes, they had quite a hi energy set list that was appealing to me as for the last ten years i had been playing 70s rock & blues ( almost a Free tribute band )so the up pace was welcome. At the rehearsal I was told that Lead guitarist was a stand in just helping out for an upcoming charity gig, Half way through they stopped the rehearsal to say that they where happy enough and invited me to join the band, I also was happy and agreed. I then explained that there were 3 other bands that I had auditions booked with and to clarify my position asked if it would be best to cancel them y they sad YES, out of courtesy I did this as soon as I got home. I spent the next two weeks working on their set before playing the charity gig, the gig had a ropy star not surprising as 50 % of the band had not plaid with them before but it all ended in success. The following day I got a text giving me the date of the next rehearsal where the lead guitarist could get to hear me play and give a decision as to my position, he was very worried by my advancing years as I’m 60 next week, and although I nailed the very high paced rehearsal the following day I got the hard word from their base player that as a band They had decided my drumming was not good enough and patronisingly “I should put it down to experience”. I have since learnt that they have two friends that play drums for them, but neither of them where available for the charity gig. This experience has left me not wanting to bother trying to find a new band and just keep the memory of the fun I had with past bands.
#281326 by schmedidiah
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:43 pm
well that sucks! :?