This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#279713 by mark_five
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:25 am
I'm looking for a female singer & possible co-writer for 3 tracks I have in progress.

I am a published writer. All singing and co-writing work will be paid for either hourly £20-£25
or a flat fee is negotiable. We can discuss that if/when we speak.

As well as your fee, if relevant, all work will be professionally accredited registered with PRS etc and, subject to mutually agreed splits.

I have co written a Billboard dance no.1 track in my past (proven , listed ) and a few others.

However, please note, this project is Country/Folk

I work with some of the best people in the business and I don't waste anyone's time - and I expect that in return.

I would like someone with at least intermediate vocal skill

- and who is available weekday afternoons or early evenings.

Age is totally irrelevant - great singing & good ideas are what I'm paying for.

I live /work 100metres from Portobello road one way and 100metres Ladbroke grove tube or 200metres from Holland park tube the other way(s).

Please e mail me at

markevelyn@outlook

If you can sing well, have strong melodic ideas and you're available now / very soon -
- this could be good fun paid work with professional / internationally known writers, publishers - and producers

Thank you.
#279722 by Badstrat
Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:17 am
"I have co written a Billboard dance no.1 track in my past (proven , listed ) and a few others."

But you have nothing posted in your profile so that we can hear it. I'm sure we'd all love to hear music by professionals at Bandmix who have had a #1 in the charts.

"I work with some of the best people in the business and I don't waste anyone's time - and I expect that in return"

Just curious. None of those "pros" know anyone at all who could meet your requirements? No one??

Sometimes people exaggerate their qualifications on Bandmix. (At least one comes to mind immediately)

I tried to find a young good looking female singer to work with me on some of my songs in my studio once. But when her mom found out that it was in my basement and that the only lighting I had down there were black lights she weaseled out. Close enough though. If I had posted some music in my profile maybe her mom would have let her do it irregardless.

That alone should be reason enough to post some of your music in your profile.
#279728 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:51 pm
Actually Slack, I can say the same thing so I understand what he means.

It's not unusual for someone with those credentials to hide their identity from people they aren't seeking. "Working with people in the biz" doesn't mean they were singers or even musicians. If they were, it doesn't mean that you can afford them full-time. That's why I can only tour with my full band for a short time every year. They're musicians in high demand to the highest bidder.

This seems pretty legit, actually. If I lived in London I would apply and dress up like george's wife for the audition.

#279729 by Badstrat
Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:30 pm
I understand what you are saying and agree. I just want to hear this #1 on the charts.

"This seems pretty legit, actually. If I lived in London I would apply and dress up like george's wife for the audition. "

That brings to mind images of Robin Williams in "The Bird Cage" Scary stuff. :)
#279730 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:39 pm
I wrote to ask if he wanted to try recording the vocals online. He said that he did ask for a female, to which I replied that since 2011 you can be a woman in America just by "feeling" like one.

That Aretha song came to mind....