This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#273486 by andy1000075
Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:25 am
Hi
My name is Andy Tate I play Rhythm guitar and I am the principle songwriter for a Local Wolverhampton based band called Heartwood.
Heartwood consists so far of Myself on Rhythm guitar vocals and Harmonica ( I am also a multi-instrumentalist) Vix Heyman on Lead Vocals and percussion. Rob Day-Smith on Bass and Andy Bowker on Drums.
Our influences for our band are as Follows:

Heart ( the first three Albums) The Eagles Gram Parsons the Flying Burrito Brothers and most of the people that formed the California country rock sound and Fleetwood Mac ( Buckingham Nicks version) Acoustic Led Zeppelin a lot of Country music Southern rock anything where country and Rock or Country and Blues crosses over.

As you can see from those influences we are a country rock band, Although we have also been described as an alternative Country Band ( huh? not sure what that is!) We do 75% originals 25% covers.
The Core of the Band is myself and Vix we started as a band but then other members couldn't commit for various reasons ( having babies and nasty divorces, Work etc.) and others who just didn't get what we are about or didn't like being out of their comfort zone.
For a while we went as a duo but we found we enjoyed the camaraderie of a band more.
We are a band that plays for the fun of it pure and simple money is secondary. We choose the places we play. We have seen bars packed with people who are there for the sole purpose of getting drunk and we have even seen violence break out this holds no attraction for us.

We do plan to play selected venues where we know people are there for the music. We have never had to go begging for a gig we are offered tham on a daily basis mainly because we are different to all the Rock Blues and indie bands out there ( not that theres anything wrong with them i like a lot of them)
We also plan to self promote gigs. Vix is a dab hand at promotion she has not only promoted bands but wrestling events too. She is a dab hand with computers and is able to produce quite good videos, her expertise also includes designing logos and web pages etc.
It is also our intention to play charity events not for self promotion or “Exposure” because any musician worth his salt knows that almost never happens.
We want to play these events because they are a worthy cause and the audience wants to be there and wants to be entertained.
The Type of guitar player we want is polar opposite to the usual guitar heroes we want some who is subtle knows his positions can play rhythm using complimentary chords can play when the other guitar player is using a capo it would be helpful if the knew drop tunings open tuning etc. but I can help with that if that is a problem. If you are rusty or only have moderate experience I am sure we can help you devlop your sound and technique We are primarily an acoustic band but we would like to try going electric in the future. The reason we want to do both is the fact that we open ourselves up to more gigs that way as some landlords only want acoustic ( thinking that we are not loud and do not rock when the opposite is true!)
The guitarist we want should be familiar with country, Blues, Rock, bits of Jazz a good all around player. Someone who is along the lines of a Lindsey Buckingham Joe Walsh Warren Haynes or an acoustic Jimmy Page. Less flash more class is what we are after. If this is you, you live local have your own transport etc. then give me a bell bell on 07596 083759
Regards
Andy Tate
Heartwood.