This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#273389 by mjcook
Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:16 am
Without beating around the bush, where are all the hobby musicians?! Many bands and musicians on each site I've joined appear to be and seek heavily committed and top-tier players. Now, I'm definitely not top-tier material - but I can play. As for commitment? Well, between working and being a family man it can be hard to divulge the amount of time required for a band who are serious about their material. So where are the hobby musicians/bands? It would be awesome to chat with people in my position or generally aren't serious about becoming rockstars, but would love to just make music with other people and see gigging as a potential, not a goal. Post your thoughts brothers and sisters - am I alone here or what?
#273710 by David_19
Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:49 am
Most here are hobby musos as you describe, it's just that this line of activity relies on boosting one's own image. Just see how many wannabes ask for talented musicians to work on their vision/ideas (for free). They are hobby musos but don't know it. Pro musos and taleneted people don't hang around in these message boards looking for things to be a part of, they are out earning money playing their instuments etc.
Most of the bands I've been in, including the most popular (busy) cover bands have family people in, they work, take care of the kids, pay the bills then come to the band as an escape. That's all normal usual stuff.