This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#271276 by Adam_Cook
Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:55 pm
I'm a 20 y/o guitarist and singer looking for some like minded musicians to play with in a semi serious band that plans to gig in the near future. I'm competent and have been playing guitar for 6 years now, but should be noted that, although I can play in many styles and do both rhythm and lead, I tend to veer towards my own unique style of playing the guitar which is pretty unconventional. Not the best singer but how good I am fluctuates, so with a bit of confidence I think I could develop a lot by being in a band and want to try my hand at it for real this time as in my other band my friends were never organised and sadly we fell apart.

Looking for any musicians around my age that want to be in an experimental rock band where we are all open to finding our own style by playing lots of different kinds of music. I have tons of unfinished musical ideas but need other players to be creative with. The more people the better but even if you are just one person feel free to get in contact and we can talk and perhaps meet up for a drink or something.

I listen to all kinds of stuff mainly from the 60s up to current music. Genres I vibe with would be Psychedelic Rock, Shoegaze, Punk, Folk, Alt Rock, 90s, some metal too like the old school stuff. Some artists that have influenced me would be, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, David Bowie, Joy Division, Hendrix, Pavement, Ty Segall (all that west coast punk stuff is great), Mac Demarco, Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Soviet Soviet, Melvins... I could write a list of music I like for days honestly xD but that's just what i've been listening to recently.

Committed to do this for real now and I have a part time job to help with expenses while gigging etc. I own a Fender Strat which I've customised and a practice amp but I'm saving for more equipment to record with and a new amplifier. Can travel short distances but would prefer if you're in Basingstoke/Winchester/Andover somewhere close like that. Going to upload some of my guitar playing or something to my bandmix page in the coming week so you get a feel for my playing and style.

Let me know if you or anyone you know might be interested. 8)