This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#11699 by Hotblooded07
Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:54 pm
is it making any difference to places you gig

#11701 by Micawber
Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:18 pm
Living on the Scottish border i was gigging both sides when the ban started first on the scottish side and i must admit it did have an effect, we much preffered the more chilled out english side where the ban was not an issue as yet. Tis hard to put a finger on what difference the ban has made but it does cause a touch of tension and inconvenience for the smokers, (both band members and audience) that now have to obviously go outside for a smoke. On the other hand things have improved for the non smokers so its all swings and roundabouts. Personally i much prefered the pre ban era.
#11714 by muzickmage
Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:07 pm
Lets see how smart the governments are:

First .... they put a ban on a market that rakes in the cash for governments and ..... use the worst excuse known to man ...... health reasons .....

Lets see if I can work this out properly:

You can go to a bar/club ... and drink a substance that causes liver damage, kidney failure, heart disease, blood disorders, and likely a bunch of other things a Doctor would be able to ramble on for hours about ..... but holy freaking wow.......

DON'T BE AROUND CIGARETTER SMOKE.......

It causes cancer I hear.

Sounds like a friend I had once .... he would drink constantly, do drugs, but ...... he would only drink bottled water ..... because tap water wasn't good for him.

He'd do great working for the government.

#11726 by Irminsul
Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:43 pm
Can't speak for the UK, but here in the States I think its a great idea and it appears to be working. I was shocked to find out that most of the requests for a smoke free club locally came from PATRONS, not the government.

Smoke free means that non smokers like myself dont have to deal with second hand smoke (a proven health risk), and your clothing and equipment dont stink to high heaven after your shows.

On top of that, most clubs who have gone smoke free have provided an outdoor area where smokers can appease their habit with little trouble. I can't see anyone not being accomodated here.
#11743 by muzickmage
Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:45 am
I must agree with you Irminsul....

And I for one wouldn't mind seeing smoking banned completely.
#12382 by Larryshaw
Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:32 pm
Making a big difference to places I work, no longer go home smelling of ashtrays. My amps don't stink when the fans run anymore.

#12413 by bluesdudeo
Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:57 pm
Smoker's should be banded from all venue's .... just don't let them in. Do searches at the door and if found with any smokes, matches , lighters,skin's etc they should jailed for a minimum of 15 years. There homes should be raided and searched and sold on cheaply to the beautiful non smoking homeless.

I thought Tazar's were perfect for catching a smoker off guard. You could wear smelly clothes and get stinky hair and then go mingle with them and pretend to reach for the evil weed and then pull out a Tazar ....zapppppppppp!!! drop a couple of coughin ' bastards ... hey presto bounty collection time.

David Ian Vaughan.
ps: do you smoke ... and where do you live ?

#12434 by Irminsul
Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:59 pm
Wow. Somebody had their cereal pissed in this morning.

#12442 by The Persuader
Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:20 pm
lets ban all religion - its killed millions over the centuries!

[/quote]

#12628 by bluesdudeo
Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:25 am
no body pisses in my cereal and gets away with it .....
ps : ban all smart ass'ss the lame and impoverished !!

#12629 by Irminsul
Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:47 am
Never fails...you try to have a reasoned conversation about some issue and somebody sets off a hyperbole bomb.
#12856 by bluesdudeo
Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:27 am
Irminsul,
I can't talk to you about having a sense of humor because you're an
American ... whoops I did it again ...you probably missed that one too. Buddy you could take a sh*t in my cereal and I'd still eat it.

Be well and safe always Dude. x
ps: kill those smokers .... whoops too late they already killed themselves

#12869 by RhythmMan
Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:39 pm
Hey, bluesdudeo.
Like in any country, there are all kinds of people, and different kinds of humour . . .
I've often mis-read people's emotions while on-line. I don't know if things are being written with knotted eybrows or a wry smile . . .
Who knows?
I don't know if that's the case here, or not; but . . . whatever . . .
I guess you're loyal to your country, and I guess I am too . . .
But - it's not the country - it's the person. You know that, man . . .
I've found that my music doesn't care where you live, what you look like, what language you speak.
And, I've also found that I really, really don't like breathing anyone else's exhuast fumes . . .
. . . no matter which end they come from . . .
Peace.
#12871 by Irminsul
Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:31 pm
bluesdudeo wrote:Irminsul,
American ... whoops I did it again ...you probably missed that one too.

Yeeeeup, us stupid Americans. We jes don't git nuthin. Maybe some day we can be like yall over there across the pond, and grow beyond idiotic small minded bigotted remarks like "I can't talk to you about having a sense of humor because you're a Brit" oh WOOPS, did AH say tha'??
#12882 by Vocals & Bass
Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:26 am
bluesdudeo wrote:Irminsul,
American ... whoops I did it again ...you probably missed that one too. Buddy you could take a sh*t in my cereal and I'd still eat it.

Be well and safe always Dude. x
ps: kill those smokers .... whoops too late they already killed themselves
My band doesnt smoke fags [Cigs]. We only like to smoke Pot, Crack, Take pills, & Drink beer & alcohol. Sounds like someone at this site should smoke a joint & chill out.