This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#222874 by daniel97218
Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:10 am
anyone know any other sites?, join my band i know already thats a ghost town too, thanks in advance

#222886 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:33 pm
There are tons of sites to list yourself/band and what you are seeking for. This one actually has a lot more traffic and activity than most others. Seems like craigslist still gets the most possibilities, if only because it is local and current.

#222903 by Starfish Scott
Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:12 pm
lol Your band is a ghost town?

Dayummmm don't even say that 2x..

#225460 by tracey96231
Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:15 pm
Starfish Scott wrote:Trace,

When they message you and you are a free member, you CAN reply to them and hopefully they will even get the reply !!!!

You just can't start the messaging as a free member.

And even though you have no music, something about you is refreshing.
Do hang around awhile, but don't get any on your lapel, miss. lol

Well, I did reply to the guy but heard nowt back. Am trying Premium now (for a while). If I don't get into a working band or find a blues piano and sax for my nascent act in a couple of months, we'll see. (Mouth set in a grim line).

'Refreshing'....hmmm. I am Bombay Sapphire and Tonic personified.

#225465 by Starfish Scott
Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:58 pm
Chin up, this is a rough place.

Expect trouble before absolution, miss. (uggh)

Just stay on your game plan and attempt to play with anyone and everyone.
We'll say a prayer for you..

For every 20 messages you send out, expect 1 to be semi-viable.
If you hit something worthwhile, you are one of the lucky ones.

Free or paid, it matters not.
#226183 by pete55
Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:18 am
Keep It Live wrote:I Cant belive that there are so many timewasters on this site.
What i mean by that, is people who claim to be either looking to join a band, or are searching for a new band member for their own band.

In both cases, why do these people not bother answering responses they get to their ads. That's just plain rudeness & there's no excuse for it.

I have been looking for musicians to help reform my band. I cant remember how many people i have contacted on this website & I would say that about 1 in 10 have even bothered to reply....... even though the people i have contacted on paper at least seem to be ideally suited and at the very least should be mildly interested.

So what's it all about?

Maybe we should be able report people who cant be bothered to reply to messages, cos rudeness is not acceptable.

Rant over!!!!!!!
Am i the only one who is finding this???
musicans are a freaky bunch, you cant get them to to talk to you at a rehearsal room, they should all still be wearing the long coats from oxfam, they prob are in their heads, you are too prob...

#226256 by Lynard Dylan
Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:38 pm
Damn Tracey 96 I'd play piano for u, and order me one of those drinks too. :wink:

#227375 by audiolabsound
Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:59 pm
Hello guys,

I am quite new here and unfortunately it's hard to predict how ppl manage
their profiles or what exactly they're doing here. Their activity should give us a hint, maybe...

A no-reply is a red flag for me and that can answer a lot.

Such a shame as this supposed to bring musicians together.

I stay positive and respect everybody who's here for the best.

No time wasters allowed.

Best of luck guys.

Cheers.

#227739 by PaulTManuel
Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:29 am
I think you are right I've paid for a month's membership in the hope of finding people, because I thought they weren't contacting me because of unpaid access. Some of it is rudeness. I'd love to get together if you're in my neck of the woods, But...... Thanks for sharing.....

#229267 by Telecasting
Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:01 pm
Hi
We are brand new here, just registered today.
We can't upgrade until next week when we get paid, Andy just blew all his money this afternoon on a New Fender Telecaster so the upgrade will have to wait a week or so.
We are dead serious and out of sheer courtesy would reply to any message, if not just to say thanks for sending us one !
We have been playing open mic nights in the last few years and found them to be really annoying, however they are a good place to showcase what you can do but only when you get the right mix of musicians on stage with you. There has been plenty of times when we got up there to do 3 or 4 songs and sounded great but a lot of other times the 'Pot luck' of which drummer, lead guitarist, vocalists we got and whether or not they knew the songs we knew was just too much to bear and we sounded awful so we stopped going. This is kind of how we ended up here, so we can stitch together a full line up and then use those open mic nights to get some 'Free stage time' and get ourselves known a bit locally before we go out and gig.
Andy has been playing for 34 years with around 25 years experience on stage and Matt has been playing for 12 years with around 5 years on stage.

We just wanted to say that we are as sick of timewasters as anyone and if we were lucky enough to get any messages / emails, they would get a reply asap. We check messages at least once a day.

Our profile is brand new so give us a chance and we will try to build it up a bit. We are in the rehearsal studio again in around 2 weeks and if we can, we will record something to include in the profile and maybe take some pictures.
Thanks for having us here. We are hoping for the best.
Andy and Matt

#229276 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:46 pm
Telecasting wrote:Hi
We are brand new here, just registered today.
We can't upgrade until next week when we get paid, Andy just blew all his money this afternoon on a New Fender Telecaster so the upgrade will have to wait a week or so.
We are dead serious and out of sheer courtesy would reply to any message, if not just to say thanks for sending us one !
We have been playing open mic nights in the last few years and found them to be really annoying, however they are a good place to showcase what you can do but only when you get the right mix of musicians on stage with you. There has been plenty of times when we got up there to do 3 or 4 songs and sounded great but a lot of other times the 'Pot luck' of which drummer, lead guitarist, vocalists we got and whether or not they knew the songs we knew was just too much to bear and we sounded awful so we stopped going. This is kind of how we ended up here, so we can stitch together a full line up and then use those open mic nights to get some 'Free stage time' and get ourselves known a bit locally before we go out and gig.
Andy has been playing for 34 years with around 25 years experience on stage and Matt has been playing for 12 years with around 5 years on stage.

We just wanted to say that we are as sick of timewasters as anyone and if we were lucky enough to get any messages / emails, they would get a reply asap. We check messages at least once a day.

Our profile is brand new so give us a chance and we will try to build it up a bit. We are in the rehearsal studio again in around 2 weeks and if we can, we will record something to include in the profile and maybe take some pictures.
Thanks for having us here. We are hoping for the best.
Andy and Matt

You don't have to be a premium member to receive messages from other premium members, but you can't send messages until you pay. Save your money for a while and check out other listings in your area before deciding if its worth it to pay.

#229282 by Telecasting
Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:18 pm
Thanks Mike
I don't Mind paying for a while but I will check out everything I can as I work my way through building the profile and learning about the site.
I thought all messages were not allowed until I upgraded the membership so thanks for the advice.
So far this all looks quite cool.
Glad to be here, especially if we can find the rest of our band in the process.
Thanks for replying.
Andy
#265286 by GHOSTMOON
Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:19 pm
I've just paid a year subscription and no one has replied to anything except one guy who'd already found a singer months ago. Seems like I've wasted my money reading all this.