This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#184378 by Jon1685
Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:59 am
Unfortunately because this site is mostly used by musicians it is unlikely that many non-musicians will see this thread but I'm going to post it anyway in the hope that some may see it.

I've been a professional musician for many years and as always seems to be the case you get to the end of the night, you've had a good gig..then the mayhem starts! Mr and Mrs Joe Punter and their mates having had a gallon of meths decide "Ooh I can play the drums Ooh I can sing" and duly decide it's their right to come up on stage, start belting drums, yelling and spitting down microphones and throwing themselves around. With our lighting rig, PA, guitars, drums, keyboards etc there's about £40,000 of equipment on stage......do you want that bill when you've broken it? That would kind of ruin your night wouldn't it? So to put it in punters terms consider this; at the end of the night when you're wasted you can have a go on my drums and I won't mind, provided you give me your car keys and you don't mind when I start hammering it around when I'm wasted! Musicians work long and unsociable hours, they work hard to be able to afford their gear. If you go to a gig enjoy the music, have fun but don't ruin it at the end of the night by thinking you have the right to abuse very expensive gear that doesn't belong to you.

#184406 by Starfish Scott
Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:44 am
They've had too much to drink? and they can't control themselves.

You need a little security or a few of your mates to keep em down off the stage.

Besides, secretly every douchebag that heard you play thinks he or she can do better than you just did.

It's a jealousy thing and it's everywhere. They are just acting it out so you can "discover" them and ask them to join your band. LOL

#184416 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:49 pm
If they try that in Texas, they get belted in the mouth and thrown out the door headfirst.

You english chaps are too polite!?!

#184419 by 1so-static
Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:15 pm
Those arnt punters, they're genetic disorders formed into crotch flys sent out specifically to annoy hard working musical people.

The one I love hearing the most, especially when the dingbat is asking a band that does original material......"do you do any Elvis"?

....this of course should be followed by a sharp "Thwack" and final response of.."Urrrrggghh"
#184427 by PaperDog
Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:41 pm
Jon1685 wrote:Unfortunately because this site is mostly used by musicians it is unlikely that many non-musicians will see this thread but I'm going to post it anyway in the hope that some may see it.

I've been a professional musician for many years and as always seems to be the case you get to the end of the night, you've had a good gig..then the mayhem starts! Mr and Mrs Joe Punter and their mates having had a gallon of meths decide "Ooh I can play the drums Ooh I can sing" and duly decide it's their right to come up on stage, start belting drums, yelling and spitting down microphones and throwing themselves around. With our lighting rig, PA, guitars, drums, keyboards etc there's about £40,000 of equipment on stage......do you want that bill when you've broken it? That would kind of ruin your night wouldn't it? So to put it in punters terms consider this; at the end of the night when you're wasted you can have a go on my drums and I won't mind, provided you give me your car keys and you don't mind when I start hammering it around when I'm wasted! Musicians work long and unsociable hours, they work hard to be able to afford their gear. If you go to a gig enjoy the music, have fun but don't ruin it at the end of the night by thinking you have the right to abuse very expensive gear that doesn't belong to you.

I wouldnt tolerate any of it... They might sent off in an ambulance.

#184498 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:38 pm
yod wrote:If they try that in Texas, they get belted in the mouth and thrown out the door headfirst.
You english chaps are too polite!?!

I think anywhere in the US they might get the same treatment!

#184569 by Eric John Sawyer
Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:04 am
Perhaps there's an easier solution to this.

Don't squeeze the lemon too many times. I don't mean coitus-interruptus but learning to leave before the vomit bags realize it's time to monkey around with the equipment and request their all time, ever-greens.

:twisted:

#184574 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:04 pm
Don't leave a lot of time between songs when these drunks can make their way to the stage to request whatever - have a set list and only deviate from it when you know exactly what you want to do next. A bunch of guys looking at each other saying 'what song do you want to do?" is prime opportunity for these drunks.
#184678 by dave83942
Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:39 pm
My band The CopyCats have been very fortunate to have been
resident covers band in Piccadilly and Victoria, central London, for over 15 years now.
Our audience are the tourists from all over the globe visiting London,
and they only want to have a good time, a good boogie and a good drink.

We have never suffered late-gig drunks onstage, because we encourage our audience with plastic guitars, wigs and crazy eyewear to fool around with 'on the dance floor!' while we're delivering the last of our set.

The most dangerous people we've encountered are those who fall over
and those who strip off naked !.... We like it, but the management don't!

#190617 by Rail Music Recording
Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:35 pm
FANCY the chance to record your own music, in a professional recording studio with professional help for free?

----------------------------TWO HOURS FREE SESSION RECORDING-----------------------------------

That’s the opportunity being offered by Rail Music Recording who is looking for London acts interested in recording their demo.

Entrants can record original or music cover.

A professional Sound Engineer will follow your session through the final mastering.

If you are interested in grabbing a place for a free recording session simply email, name of the act or band, names and ages of members, a contact name, telephone number and email address, previous musical experience and musical style of the act.

We are looking forwards to hearing from you.

Rail Music Recording