This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#95455 by Greeniemagic
Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:34 pm
Managed to load Iceni Fire and Sandstorm.

Iceni Fire I wrote with the guys from Chemikill and Sandstorm is one from their back catalogue that we have revamped and added my vox to

I recorded the vocals on a cheep £2.50 PC mic so the quality of them is not great but just gives you a general idea of what we are about :)

#95465 by gbheil
Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:36 am
:shock:
Hide the women, children, and frightened old men !

I like Iceni Fire, but just could not get into Sandstorm.

This will be cool when you have a better vocal mix in your benefit my lady.

KEEP ROCKIN :twisted:

#95487 by chipfryer
Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:42 am
You've got some range there Greenie :shock: I think that's what I noticed in your quieter stuff too. Keep em coming gal. :D

#95492 by philbymon
Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:04 pm
"Iceni Fire" - I couldn't quite get the words on this, but I like the tune. Nice vox, there, Miss Greenie! Love the arrangement, esp the changes at 3:45 or so. At nearly 5 minutes in length, I would normally say it's a bit long, but the changes in here keep this from getting old. Very nice, indeed.

"Sandstorm" - I'm not at all sure of this one. Not my cuppa, this, but it still has its little moments of okayness. This one seems to try too hard for harshnessity or sumpin, but I don't care for it.

(I still like the throwback sound of "Desire," & the Celtic weave vocals of "Goodbye.")

#95529 by Starfish Scott
Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:24 pm
I just like the name CHEMIKILL.

Reminds me of bikini kill.

#95530 by Greeniemagic
Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:25 pm
Hey thanks for listening fellas and thankyou for your comments! and compliments!!

Glad you liked Iceni Fire. My previous songs were always about personal stuff relating to me but there is no room for sugar and spice in this band :wink: When we jammed the music it felt like a battle song to me so decided to write about bodeciea. Philby, if you'd like the lyrics, email me at [email protected] and I'll send um to you!!

Sandtorm was influenced by one of the Mummy films, I think the Scorpion King so very dark and the guy who wrote it sung it screemo stylee which I can't do so had to come up with a melody for me. I like both versions but i have heard them lots and am used to the mistakes I have made in it lol but its good to get an honest opinion from others. Its been re-recorded in drop B again and vocals will be redone with slight changes and I'll repost for you to see what you think :D

#95532 by Greeniemagic
Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:30 pm
Yeah Cheers for that scotty, i just had an image of the guys in bikini's!!!!!

#95545 by Starfish Scott
Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:02 pm
ewwwww...

lol