This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#93130 by Mark Phillips
Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:23 am
Hello Sans or the members of Noisy Kung Fu,
I had been writing about the US healthcare stuff and wanted to get onto MUSIC!
So I went and checked out the Noisy Kung Fu profile to see if there were new songs.
I liked your stuff in a slightly surprising way a year back when I joined this site, so I wondered if there were new songs now.

Let It Rain struck as being new to me:
I love the vocal and vocal harmony; the intro is okay but maybe lacks ambition a bit I feel; but what for me does screw the song up... and I think I remember the same problem a year back... are the un-tuned guitars!
The rhythm guitar is quite badly out of tune with itself, and the lead guitar is a bit of a cat's chorus all on its own.

Get a little guitar tuner thing and re record those guitars specially for me please? I would love the song so much more played in tune!

Even with the tuning problems the strong vocal almost manages to carry the song along for me, but he is up against it, when he should be lifted by the instruments.

Cheers guys,
Mark D Phillips..................

#93724 by tasc
Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:58 pm
Mark,

I totally agree with you.

Kindest Regards,

Dr. David M. Bennett
Technical Director
The Atlantic Spirit Corporation Ltd
www.the-atlantic-spirit.com

#93757 by Starfish Scott
Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:50 pm
Sans, they say you "out of tune".

I would ask for clarification to be sure of "what's out". (B ?)
And re-record possibly?

I didn't catch this, so I would like to know as well.

#93802 by gbheil
Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:37 am
May well be out of tune as you say. Hummm you know I am an amiture and my ear aint all that good.
We each use boss tuners (but that dont mean were always in tune.)
Rain is actually one of our older songs that has been reworked to a new melody. The recording in question was a practice cut made about a year ago. Was the first time I attempted to play a lead to this song. Really was just messin around with it.
Have gotten some good responses on this tune but the boys dont really seem to be all that interested in working on it right now.
We have many new songs. Our repituar of originals numbers about 23 at present.
I decided to stop posting these "practice cuts" though this kind of critique is exactly what I want. I felt that posting such raw cuts would be more detrimental to the bands reputation than beneficial.
Besides the energy expendature and frustration of just trying to get better recordings was taking some of the fun out of the whole deal for me.

I'd love to get a better recording of Let it Rain just for you Mark.
Though I've not touched that lead since that practice,
I'll see what I can do. :wink:

P.S.
I wrote the basis for that song on a rainy morning here in Texas.
Ever since I was a kid, Ive had a strange affection for thunderstorms.

LET IT RAIN ! 8)
#93882 by Mark Phillips
Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:36 pm
Hello Sans,
I wish I had not drawn attention to the poor tuning as I let all kinds of bad things past me in the name of getting a song down on tape before it gets forgotten.
But the vocal really did get me by the balls in a good way.
I am ultra envious of a strong vocal because I have the weakest weediest voice in Christendom and dream of having one with tone, like that kind of Bonjovi thing.
Keep at it!
Mark......................
ps. Knowing you guys are religous: two days ago I was in the shrine of a saint in Bucharest Romania, and in half a dream I unleashed a resounding fart that echoed round his cave! I just wanted to die of embarrassment... but nothing bad happened to me on the flight home to the UK yesterday so I guess I was forgiven!

#93883 by gbheil
Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:52 pm
LOL God has a sense of humor too Mark. After all he created us. :lol:

Thanks very much for the critique. And for the props. I will surely tell the lads.
Ray has come a long way since the day he decided he would sing. And Tony has also been growing in the rock tradition. We work well together and support each other in improvment of our art.

I have suggested that we move LET IT RAIN up on the too record schedule as we get good input from our fan base on this tune.

Perhaps this little nudge you have provided will spark the boys interest.

I know it has mine.