This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#93478 by Mark Phillips
Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:58 pm
Hello Chippy,
I assume you are a naturalised Brit over there? You sound very different to the proper colonials Chippy!
I have to admit that I have real problems with knowing what view to take of the smoking ban; my local pub bar was sometimes too grey to see across by mid evening here in Sussex, but I just took it as normal; but I guess it is on balance not fair to say I am smoking, so everyone else has to smoke some too.
I suppose like if I drink ale and the chap next to me drinks lager, and when we finish our drinks I say, okay your next pint is going to be the same as me; he might well protest he wants lager, but no I will force him to drink ale!

Once I thought smoking was the most wonderful thing in the world; now you wouldn't get me within an arm's length of one... but I still love real English beer, and Guinness, and red wine... but never spirits at all.

Well England is as funny and idiosyncratic as ever Chippy, but I love it more than anywhere I know on Earth... I am off to Bucharest in Romania at the weekend, and what I have seen on my previous visit fills me with dread, and a great longing to get back to England, but I have a fiancee there and until we can get a visa for her to come here with me I will be flying back and forth like some scruffy old (53) migrating bird!

Anyway Chippy, you certainly get my vote for president!
Mark....................
#93641 by Chippy
Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:14 pm
Hi Mark sorry.
As Naturalised as they come (I think?) I have no idea what that term means either? I cannot remember an implant but it could have happened when I was asleep. Silly term anyway, frankly a stupid term.

Smoking is a bad thing there is no doubt about it. I just think there is way too much emphasis on it and I say that with trepidation because of course I will be plagued by this and that owing to it. The thing is though why JUST pick on that? We have power cables, phone lines, power plants, endless accounts of companies doing the wrong thing when dumping materials..... We know Cell phones strapped to an ear are bad for you. Electronics with any magnetic properties are. Genealogy to etc..

You know if I didn't know better I'd think they like us sitting at home watching the constant diatribe pumped out like an emptying silo that we divulge and take in. It's mostly about drugs, then the disclaimer which is far longer than the drug advert itself.

Idiosyncratic? It can be that way here too I assure you and when that happens its truly fun. They/We are good people really although here are Achilles heals that are a by product of the nature of things here. I think it fair to say that is what the argument/discussion is really about perhaps?

President? :shock: No way mate! But thank you hahaha.
Keep well Mark.
Pleasure speaking with you.

Mark Phillips wrote:Hello Chippy,
I assume you are a naturalised Brit over there? You sound very different to the proper colonials Chippy!
I have to admit that I have real problems with knowing what view to take of the smoking ban; my local pub bar was sometimes too grey to see across by mid evening here in Sussex, but I just took it as normal; but I guess it is on balance not fair to say I am smoking, so everyone else has to smoke some too.
I suppose like if I drink ale and the chap next to me drinks lager, and when we finish our drinks I say, okay your next pint is going to be the same as me; he might well protest he wants lager, but no I will force him to drink ale!

Once I thought smoking was the most wonderful thing in the world; now you wouldn't get me within an arm's length of one... but I still love real English beer, and Guinness, and red wine... but never spirits at all.

Well England is as funny and idiosyncratic as ever Chippy, but I love it more than anywhere I know on Earth... I am off to Bucharest in Romania at the weekend, and what I have seen on my previous visit fills me with dread, and a great longing to get back to England, but I have a fiancee there and until we can get a visa for her to come here with me I will be flying back and forth like some scruffy old (53) migrating bird!

Anyway Chippy, you certainly get my vote for president!
Mark....................

#93701 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:42 pm
MARK , you use the word progressive as though it were candy. STOP. YOU are wrong.
When you move here and become naturalised ,Like Mark, AKA Chippy then you can throw your progressive word all over the place.

Here ,,, that word only means,,,, more govt control and more taxes.

COME ON OVER,,, welcome to the world of 70 percenters without the benefit of national healthcare figured in. 70% in taxes even for the poor. Most of it is hidden because if Americans started to see how much was being STOLEN and then mismanaged, the outrage would be great.

I have a real progressive idea.... GET BIG GOVT OFF MY BACK.

Quote ,Jimmy Buffet, FRUITCAKES, "I don't want it ,I don't need it",SORRY to bring up something so musical, Do you think he was just singing about JR MINTS. NNNNNOOOOO.

You have a great day Mark, all due respect.

#93758 by Starfish Scott
Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:52 pm
lol BURP

#93765 by Chippy
Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:08 pm
LOL!

Capt. Scott wrote:lol BURP

#93771 by Starfish Scott
Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:20 pm
Haver a great fing day. you sod. lol

It's the fruitcake messing with my guts...

ARRRRRRROOOOOMMMMMMMM..

(You don't want to know what that was)

Hey Chippy.. lol

#93773 by Chippy
Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:21 pm
Erm no :D
But I suggest a quick retreat to the rest room LOL!

Capt. Scott wrote:Haver a great fing day. you sod. lol
It's the fruitcake messing with my guts...
ARRRRRRROOOOOMMMMMMMM..
(You don't want to know what that was)
Hey Chippy.. lol

#93775 by Starfish Scott
Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:26 pm
Nah it's aerosol by now..

Should have saved that for XMAS. lol

Remember the most important thing I learned from Comedy Central is that you CAN freeze your farts and torture others later with them later...