This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#100750 by Formerly MANFLU
Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:47 pm
We have sent more than 50 messages to musicians on Bandmix since the 1st of January of this year and only two have replied. Soes this site really existi or is it a semi-illusion. Has anyone else had this experience?
#100752 by MattKi
Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:22 am
It does seem a little rude....

However, if you're not a paid up member, I'm not sure you can reply.

Add to that that out of the 5000+ London members only 175 or so appear to be keyboard players and out of them there might not be many who are into the style you play...

...and out of them, how many are still loggin on with any regularity?

Best of luck.

Quite like "Eggehead Stole My Shoe" by the way.
#100760 by gbheil
Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:29 am
mAn-fLu wrote:We have sent more than 50 messages to musicians on Bandmix since the 1st of January of this year and only two have replied. Soes this site really existi or is it a semi-illusion. Has anyone else had this experience?

That actually is about an average response ratio. And yes, you don't have to be a paid member to reply to a response, only to initiate the contact.
Keep in mind, many of the profiles are hit n run dreamers or just plane old posers looking for an on line thrill.
Two of our five members came from BandMix. We have gotten paying gigs by being associated with BandMix.
I messaged everyone within 50 miles of our base. I searched and monitored the situation almost daily for months.
Can be frustrating for a people so used to instant gratification.
Building a band requires much time and effort. Not a task for the faint of heart or weak of spirit. Don't allow yourself to lose faith.
Best wishes.
George
Guitar
NOISY KUNG FU !!
#100949 by Smokestack Thunder
Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:29 am
I feel your pain also. Not too many holler backs. :idea:

#101031 by Starfish Scott
Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:11 pm
Maybe it's your message or your music?

PLENTY of musicians here and yeah, they do respond.

That is, "if they feel like it".
#101156 by Formerly MANFLU
Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:03 pm
Thanks to all of you for your comments, criticisms, advice amd compliments.