This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#52354 by EDDY123
Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:42 am
J-HALEY wrote:Yngvei is a classical musician and he loves arppeggiated music, Steve Via is a musical acrobat and he was Frank Zappas Little Italian Virtuoso, and in my Very Experienced Opinion exstremely melodic.
Joe Satriani is absoulutly in the same league.
I have a special attachment to Mr. Eric Johnson because he is a fellow Texan and a definite virtuoso.
John Petrucci is also on of my favorites and also an acrobat, but in my humble opionin lacking the discipline to play the blues
But I also adore the music of Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons, Tony Emanuel, Los Lonely Boy's, and Johnny Cash!

So how many of these guy's are really into classical music and arppegiated music? only one in my humble opinion the Maestro Yngvei
Verry good point and a great group of musicians. I gues if all pie tasted the same after awhile it would suck.PEACE

#52355 by ZXYZ
Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:11 am
Thank You Eddy!!! I had forgotten about "Blue Powder" and I missed the very ending of the song when I recorded it one time off the air.
Much Appriecated my friend!!!

- now back to the thread- ... 8) -already in progress...
#53165 by greatbig47
Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:16 am
Great player...

Makes me sad when people try to sound like him, and not be brave enough to find their own sound...

I can't play that fast...but I'm not him. That's his thing.

it's pretty cool though...I think I'mmost impresed bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 8)