This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#63754 by Kimberley Arnold
Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:03 pm
ZXYZ wrote:I wonder if several musicians (this is probably a stupid idea -but) could set-up a 'net-meeting' or something using webcams and high-speed internet to have a virtual jam session? My guess is that the delay (bouncing off satellites etc) would make this impossible?

Actually, it's possible to jam LIVE on the internet. A bunch of us from myspace have been doing this for well over a year now. You can do it if one of you wants to pay the monthly fee for space on Ventrillo. (It's some kind of gaming server.) I'm not one of the techno-geeks in the group, but if you'd like info on how to do this, send me a message and I'll put you in touch with one of the people who can help you out.

#63766 by HowlinJ
Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:22 am
Kimberly,
I just gave your compositions a listen.
Very nice! :) (Your flute player sounds good too)
Howlin'

#63787 by ZXYZ
Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:53 am
Thanks Kimberley but I'm probably not going to be doing the monthly fee thing at this time. I appreciate the info though! Your music sounds good!

#63809 by Chippy
Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:18 am
Kimberly I love the way you manage to change keys on 'Dorian Fantasy'. This is where I wish to go too in the future but in a band arena.

I seriously wish I could find a keys player into this type of thing with a view to contemporary rock near me, great to hear a flute!

sorry for barging in. :D

#64498 by gbheil
Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:59 pm
I like you "relaxing" music Kimberley. Although it seems to inspire introspection rather than relaxation. Make a killer sound track for meditation sessions.

#64502 by ZXYZ
Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:28 pm
JCAlex- I just checked out 'kompoz' and it seems that Steely Dan's lead singer just chimed in to add lyrics to somebody's song.. sounds realll good, think i'll go check this out. Thanks 4 the link!

#64512 by ratsass
Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:29 pm
OMG! Joe Bonamasa is on there too!!!!

#64559 by fretwork
Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:59 am
ratsass wrote:OMG! Joe Bonamasa is on there too!!!!

I'm a huge Joe Bonamassa's fan too, don't hate me for mentioning it but I had the good fortune to be part of the opening act for 2 of his gigs.

Joe Bonamassa's pictures in my profile.

#64561 by fretwork
Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:14 am
Dear lady your music should definitely be heard by more people hope you find the venues to do so. Although my playing is limited to couple genres my taste in music is limitless. Love the Renaissance flavor of your compositions.
Post some more music when you can.

#66203 by MadmX
Mon May 04, 2009 10:20 pm
FYI

If any of you are really interested in the online collab thing... www.kompoz.com is a great place to get started... many active musicians of various quailities...

All the songs on my profile were done online... It's not for everyone but it does tend to educate you real quick on what it takes to produce decent recorded sound. Something all musicians should know... IMHO

Have fun!!

X!

#66207 by Chippy
Mon May 04, 2009 10:32 pm
Gee thanks so much! I'm looking forward to learning so much from you.

MadmX wrote:FYI Something all musicians should know... IMHO

Have fun!!

X!

#66560 by MadmX
Thu May 07, 2009 1:09 am
Well you won't be learning it from me... but some of these hard core collab guys know some things....

Gee thanks so much! I'm looking forward to learning so much from you.

If I wasn't just a squirrel.. I would think you were offended by my comment of people learning how to record their instraments properly... but since I am, I'm sure that wasn't it....

:)

#66567 by ZXYZ
Thu May 07, 2009 1:37 am
I am a member of kompoz and I haven't had much luck there. Maybe I'm not doing it right? ( I did get 1 compliment on my song tho :\