This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#48097 by cyberman
Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:13 am
ZXYZ wrote:I wonder if several musicians (this is probably a stupid idea -but) could set-up a 'net-meeting' or something using webcams and high-speed internet to have a virtual jam session? My guess is that the delay (bouncing off satellites etc) would make this impossible?

Not exactly. Check this out: http://www.ejamming.com . Seems they've solved all the latency problems related to doing this, so all you fellow musicians out there, feel free to log on, & ROCK ON!!! Laters!

#48424 by ZXYZ
Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:14 am
Looks good. I wonder how much they're going to charge, and when they'll be fully up and running? I guess the beta is running now, I almost signed up for it, but gonna have to hold off. No computer crashes right now (they're using beta software w/ possible bugs -as they stated) Dont need that during job -searching time.. heh ..

#49421 by BrainofJ
Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:22 am
Check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDnpIKQfRDU

They just recorded their own part to the exact same track of the song, then compiled each of the videos into one. The end result is amazing.

#49463 by Andragon
Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:36 am
Love Tool, but Brain, that's not a live jam. They were all recorded separately (4 times to be exact).

#49538 by BrainofJ
Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:54 am
Yeah that's what I was trying to get across... the video still comes out great though.

#49955 by Chippy
Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:34 pm
So getting back on track what instruments do we have so far?

#50167 by ZXYZ
Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:31 pm
Ok I'll bite. I'll kick in a rythym or lead guitar. Maybe a back-up vocal if I'm on key. Who's going to do the final mix? Is it gonna be live or do it like these guys did it in the above post?

#50169 by Chippy
Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:40 pm
Aha! Life.

I can provide drums or help out with mixing if folks need it? Have Guitar and keys too.

Anyone else?

#50201 by ZXYZ
Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:55 pm
OK who first? :shock: :D Maybe if we all layed down a wav file we could take a poll and vote for our favorite one (no hurt feelings, of course- we're all tough, being in the music biz)...

BTW, Skippy, how do you send a wav file to an FTP server? I'm clueless :roll:
.. and allow others to listen to it?

#50210 by Chippy
Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:06 pm
Sentient has his own space and I run a server so there should be no worries on setting stuff up. In your court Sentient ok thanks for offering but if you want me to do it no worries either way, many thanks.

Ner lets screw it up ourselves Sentient hahahaha :D

ZYXZ. Yup seems pretty fair to me. Let's have a few folks provide a rif or a bar of something and take it from there.

If someone has a track even better!

We can do anything because we are are musicians. Remember that yeah, there are no boundaries.

Ideas and additions please.......

#50215 by ZXYZ
Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:46 pm
OK, let's say that I have a .wav file sitting on my desktop. Where do I send it?

#50216 by Chippy
Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:06 pm
Sentient or me I think? Let Sentient have a say too yeah? Should be fun. :D

#50227 by Chippy
Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Server is yes. I am a host.

Doesn't matter to me however Sentient who does what? Let's have some fun.

So? Who is first to dance? I say the Flute.....