This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#61068 by ZXYZ
Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:30 am
Sure, I'm in :D
Whadda we do?

#61087 by Chippy
Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:04 am
Anyone got a beat box? I think Ratass was right. Just get some 4/4 stuff going add a guitar/bass riff then I or someone else can add the real drum track.

Wotcha fink? PM me if interested yeah?

Cheers.

Chippy

#61099 by ZXYZ
Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:48 pm
I cant PM. I'm a freebie member. How do we do the beat-box thing? Clicks on a track? And put it where? (ehh- I mean) do what with it?

#61100 by Chippy
Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:50 pm
Wots a FREEBIE to do.
:D

I'll work on something then. Be in touch.

ZXYZ wrote:I cant PM. I'm a freebie member. How do we do the beat-box thing? Clicks on a track? And put it where? (ehh- I mean) do what with it?

#61119 by ratsass
Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:55 pm
Some other ideas:
On your BM page, under influences, list the genres you like to play along with a self described genre which is the one that most describes your own style. For example, I put this on mine.

Genres:
Rock:
Hard Rock, Southern Rock
Blues:
Heavy Blues, Rockin' Blues
Some Rockin' Country, not a traditional country picker.
Alternative/Modern Rock:
Not too much
Self Described Genre:
Bluesy Hard Rock

This will allow like minded musicians the chance to work on projects together as we will probably have too many different musicians on it to keep it down to just one song or style. Also, for the freebies, put our e-mail and/or myspace info so we can swap ideas without always having to post them on BM.

Start a new thread just for this, maybe called Internet Collabortation? Can a thread have a moderator that allows or disallows comments? I don't know how this works, but it would allow serious musicians in and keep the salesmen out. If so, anyone who wants to be the moderator for this starts the thread and everyone interested would post just one reply with their instrument(s) of choice (maybe put the Genre info on there as well so everyone could see it on one page instead of having to go to each page). If you have any more ideas, edit your own post instead of posting a new one. That would keep the number of pages down, too. Maybe have a sign up date too (one or two months from now). If we don't, we may have way too many people on this one to get anything done. Anyone who doesn't sign up (post a reply) by that date will just have to start their own if they want to.

Everyone who has a website and the ability to mix tracks and upload and download them should put this info on their post. We may need several different engineers for different projects. Mix everything in mono so that individuals can have the music on one channel and put his own on the other and send it back and the engineer can take just the new instrument and put it on a separate multitrack. Once again, always have a 4 or 8 click intro to the songs to help line up the tracks.

Well, these are just some ideas I had. I like to think things out way ahead of time to keep a lot of work going in and then thinking of something that should have been done early on. Any additional ideas or changes to mine will only help make this work more smoothly. Let's get as many bugs out of the way as possible from the beginning.

#61138 by Chippy
Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:25 pm
Excellent ideas once again Ratass. :D

I don't know if the mods will cater for it but it sounds like a good deal to me. If not then we'll workaround it somehow yeah?

I'd like to say "Come join my site" Not my style since I think if things are meant to be they will happen in any case so I think the more ideas we get in here and the sooner the better.

Tomorrow I'll write up a simple drum track. Post it on my place and provide the link to download it.

The Genres thing really got me. Good one!

#61584 by ZXYZ
Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:57 am
"Tomorrow never comes" :wink:

#61591 by Chippy
Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:52 am
I know and I'm sorry. I'm having a heck of a time with my ISP at the moment. You know what its like right?
It's always someone else's problem when you use their services. :evil:
I'm delayed because I cannot connect even to my FTP site right now.

Am calling them AGAIN this morning.
Sorry folks.

ZXYZ wrote:"Tomorrow never comes" :wink:

#61645 by ZXYZ
Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:18 am
Sorry, Chip, I didnt mean to be a pain-in-the-arse... :oops:

#61663 by Chippy
Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:26 pm
No worries ZX.
I've found a workaround for now but its a headache. :roll:
Should get it sorted at least by Monday hopefully.
Sorry

ZXYZ wrote:Sorry, Chip, I didnt mean to be a pain-in-the-arse... :oops:

#61676 by gbheil
Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:04 pm
:lol: :lol: RATASS :?: :lol: :lol:

RAT SASS: :D :D

#61791 by ted_lord
Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:19 pm
so has this monster actually come together yet, not that I have any idea how I'd broadcast but I can kinda get beat box type stuff outta my bass clean its that damned blue collar tweaker style I know curse you les claypool

#61792 by Chippy
Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:22 pm
:D

#61801 by ZXYZ
Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:09 pm
I dont get it Chippy. Where do we go on your site? Is it done yet? Do we have to register? Are we there yet? :D

#61808 by Chippy
Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:54 pm
Oh Lord I wish we were. :D " Are we there yet".
Yes please do but anyone doing so might have some changes ahead as regards this site. (Soz).

I'd love to share and do stuff with anyone willing. Copyrights stuff your arse because music is music and those that make it are heaven bound when they can make a person cry, someone sleep and moribund to keep.

(I'll think on that some).

Anyway yes please if you would all interested parties and parties we'll have though to be a party you'll need the pass I have.

Thanks folks.

Chipfryer

ZXYZ wrote:I dont get it Chippy. Where do we go on your site? Is it done yet? Do we have to register? Are we there yet? :D