This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#45944 by flowen eddie
Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:10 am
my favorets are Eddie Van Halen and randy rohds for there influentual techniques in rock and i like Hendrix for his freedom of expresion. Although i need to mention Guitarist like Al Dimiola, steve morrse and Alan Holdsworth for their effortless mastery of the guitar. oh i like to mention steve howe and linsey buckingham for having their own style.
Steve Vai, Page, Clapton and jeff beck stnd on their own.

#46013 by Andragon
Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:19 am
Jason Becker and Tommy Emmanuel.

#52451 by SlippedNot
Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:20 pm
hmm ...

I would have to say the players that influenced me the most and got me interested in playin' guitar were JIMMY PAGE , ACE FREHLEY and ROBIN TROWER :D

#52471 by EDDY123
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:31 am
# 1 would be MOM,When I was little, I would say Chet Atkins, Roy clark, But later on I would say Mark Knopfler " hope I speld that rite" and TED NUGENT. there has been so many since.PEACE

#52619 by SoleRedemption6901
Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:03 am
I would have to say the guitarists that influence me the most are Ace Frehley, Slash, Mark Tremonti and Randy Rhoads. All had something different to bring to the table and all had seperate things I love about their playing. Adapting their playing into my own has been fun and insightful, but havn't quite gotten down Mark Tremonti's style to well. Work in progress I guess...

I saw a thing about most influential album. I would have to say Kiss Alive! That album influenced so many bands at the time that influenced other bands and so on and so forth. It's just one of those records that if it hadn't existed ALOT of bands today probably wouldn't exist.

#52897 by ZXYZ
Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:09 am
Mel Galley, Joe Walsh, Jimi H, Brian May, Billy Gibbons and Jan Akkerman, Just to name a few..

Hey SlippedNot Welcome to the forum, neighbor! U and I and Neanderpaul are all in the same neighborhood here in SW VA 8)

#52898 by SlippedNot
Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:35 am
Hello ZXYZ ...

It would appear so ... and " HELLO " :wink:

#52900 by ZXYZ
Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:42 am
Hello! Too! Listened to your song, sounds good! :D

#52928 by gtZip
Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:06 pm
The most influential guitarist would have to be Les Paul.
If for no other reason than he invented that log.
Lots of records made with that as a part of the sound, and lots of old guitar players dealing with the influence of chronic back pain in their golden years.

:wink:

#53052 by infinitdream
Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:53 pm
I have read all of these and I cant believe no one said John Petrucci and Paul Gilbert. They are the two most versital and technically proficient players out there.

#53056 by gtZip
Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:18 pm
infinitdream wrote:I have read all of these and I cant believe no one said John Petrucci and Paul Gilbert. They are the two most versital and technically proficient players out there.

I can believe it.

#53264 by infinitdream
Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:03 pm
Is that sarcasim I detect?

#53285 by ZXYZ
Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:43 pm
There was a similar thread to this about influential musicians. This thread is titled "Best/ Influential" I'm taking that to mean a combination of both. My influences began in the 60's and the 'infuential period' for me I believe tapered off in my mid-late 20s; that'd be in the early 1980s, so there will be a lot of differing artists according to how old you are and what time slot you occupy. My parent's influences would have been Benny Goodman, etc. John Petrucci wasnt around in my 'influential period', I do respect his abilities though.

#57986 by EDDY123
Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:27 am
Ludek wrote:I have yet to be impressed more than Steve Vai does. Musically and Technically he is my absolute favorite.

STEVE VAI ROCKS

Your tunes sound realy good

WELCOME

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!