This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#36307 by Rick Stringfellow
Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:31 am
I'm not trying to hijack this thread. I just want to turn you on to Kenny Cordray. Here's a link to his myspace page.
The cuts don't spotlight him, but there's a short guitar lead on Livin' On. Plus, the band is as tight as it gets - check out the drummer and bass-player on Lucille.
I don't think anybody listens to this band - look at the number of plays!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=98876029

#36322 by Hayden King
Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:56 pm
if they're not getting plays it can only mean...they're not working the page (inviting fan's) or they suck....well they dont suck!

#36462 by sexguitar
Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:42 am
OP here

time to hijack the thread:

what particular song or album would you say is the most influencial?

btw, good opinions guys

its nice to find a troll free forum. i think i might stay.

#36466 by Andragon
Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:05 am
Nowhere is troll-free, man. Nowhere :(
But yea they're a great bunch here.
Your question is too general, man. I'd say for hard rock .. I'd say Chuck Berry's Johnny B Good. That's how it all started 8)

#36473 by Hayden King
Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:49 am
have to go with Album: Sgt. Peppers' / Nevermind /
song: Rock Around The Clock / I wanna hold your hand / In the dog house now

#36489 by fisherman bob
Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:25 pm
You should start a brand new thread. Best song, best album, most influential song, most influential album. Best song: On The Road For Big Boy-Bill blue Band Best album: Loading Zone-Roy Buhcanan Most influential song: Johnny B Goode-Chuck Berry Most influential album: Any of the first four Beatles albums. Later...

#36507 by TheCaptain
Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:16 pm
is it me, or did noone mention Eric Johnson?

hafta agree that ace influenced a TON of us young lads in starting out with guitar..

Though, whenever I talk about my influences with guitar/music (in the beginning anyway) it's always the big three for me:

1) Rush
2) Journey
3) Boston

:)

#36639 by Black57
Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:10 pm
celticpiping wrote:is it me, or did noone mention Eric Johnson?

hafta agree that ace influenced a TON of us young lads in starting out with guitar..

Though, whenever I talk about my influences with guitar/music (in the beginning anyway) it's always the big three for me:

1) Rush
2) Journey
3) Boston

:)

My knowledge of guitarists are limited but I do have some opinions. Pat Matheny is formost the most influencial to me. He ties the world of rock and jazz togehter without allowing one genre to hide under another. Plus he has his own style that identifies him as Pat Matheny. Hoowever, I purchased a guitar several years ago because I wanted to learn to play the guitar solo on both Stairway to Heaven and "Wanted Dead or Alive" One day I will reach that goal. I am also a fan of Billy McLaughlin from Minnesota, the late Michael Hedges and Stanley Jordan.

#36646 by gbuzzr
Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:37 pm
tough question......hmmm.

Rik Emmit, SRV, Zappa, Clapton, Dime, Skolnik, Mustaine....

Most influential....have to go with Chuck Berry.

#36931 by Switchblade Groove
Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:29 pm
OK, I'm in... I'll add Dann Huff, Mark Reale, and James Byrd to the list of my favorite 'best' guitarists (many of which have been named already - Trower, Malmsteen, Hendrix, SRV, etcetera)...

Most influential for me, Michael Schenker... Hands down...

#37159 by lalong
Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:16 am
In my opinion the most influential would have to be Bo Diddley, most innovative Jimi Hendrix and the best David Gilmour.

#37190 by Andragon
Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:18 am
Guitarded1 wrote:How about Nancy Wilson of Heart

Most definitely, man. Believe it or not, the sisters were half the reason Grunge started in mid to late 80s.
#37248 by Tangiers Sammy
Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:22 pm
BO DIDDLEY, JOHNNY THUNDERS, WAYNE KRAMER, MARC BOLAN, JIMI, LINK WRAY.