This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

Which instrument is least often played?

4%
22%
7%
15%
52%

#122615 by Krul
Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:26 pm
Harumi

If you're going to do a no budget demo I suggest you choose a low volume sound over a loud one. That way, it will give everyone an idea of what you can do without blasting out everyone's speakers. Go lo-fi and you'll do fine. :wink:

#122703 by TIGER27
Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:06 pm
checking out musicians in Vegas online will show many available musicians including bass players and singers.

#123502 by gbheil
Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:14 pm
Vipers make for though skin.
You'll need that in music. :wink:

8) God bless

#129227 by davidcohoe
Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:38 pm
Damn, I jumped onto the wrong instrument! Playing bass is like "front-of-the-line privelages" when being looked at by bands.
Welp, looks like I'm trading my 6 strings for 4, see you guys on MTV, SUCKAAAAS!

Haha if it were that easy.

#129291 by Krul
Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:41 pm
davidcohoe wrote:Damn, I jumped onto the wrong instrument! Playing bass is like "front-of-the-line privelages" when being looked at by bands.
Welp, looks like I'm trading my 6 strings for 4, see you guys on MTV, SUCKAAAAS!

Haha if it were that easy.

It would be more believable if their were an MTV. :P
Last edited by Krul on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#129292 by Krul
Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:41 pm
Harumi wrote:Thanks, Kruliosis. I'll try that. From now on though, to prevent from getting bit by what seems to be a few vipers around here for my questions and comments I think I'll PM some of you my questions that seem very kind and patient if that's okay. ^__^

Never heard from again.

#129322 by davidcohoe
Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:47 pm
It would be more believable if their were an MTV

Good call haha. What I left out, was that I was going to learn the bass guitar, give up on music, persue steroids and bad hair styles and you can look for me on the next episode of Jersey Shore
#131264 by the7group
Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:17 pm
getting difficult to find employable musicians in general. sometimes you gotta change your fave instrument to get the job done. i have many times and now i can drum, bass, guitar, sing, keyboard, program ect. it cost a fortune but was worth the price in the long run. ya never know, change can be a good thing. opens new doors and new ideas. don't quit, just adapt.

#131303 by Randtasm
Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:13 am
I know several bassists around my area like myself who've been searching for a band for awhile. Not saying I'm some sort of bass wizard, but I know my instrument and my vocal ability and rely on knowing my sh*t before I attempt to get an audition.
Around here you deal with bands that are already dealing with inner band drama (fighting over money, women, musical tastes, etc..) power drinkers, or guys who think that band rehearsal is the place to learn the song they were supposed to learn on their own time.
Or you get the musicians who call you and brag about all the cool stuff they're doing and their contacts and you show up and they shouldn't even be attempting to get out of that basement/garage for at least another year until they learn their instrument and how to sing. Just because your wife, girlfriend or drinking buddies think you're kickass, doesn't mean you are.

I don't think it's so much finding musicians, just harder to find those with similar attitudes and a willingness to work together..

#131380 by Railed87
Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:42 am
Wow, u nailed it.

#131449 by Starfish Scott
Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:39 pm
MmMmMmmmmm POWER DRINKERS.. lol

Those were the good olde days..

#131477 by pharmhouse
Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:24 am
Real band is coming. Idiots step aside!
Last edited by pharmhouse on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

#131512 by gbheil
Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:11 pm
Pay the fee.
Use the search function.
Not risk, no gain.

#131573 by Whiskey Station
Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:11 am
Peter caya has got it right....

I am a Rock Vocalist ( I sing-SING-not scream,tho I can ) covers & play guitar- I go more for originals on that...ala a guitar infuenced P.Floyd/Van Halenesque/Badlands/Zep style...But I'm happier being a vocalist... what -or WHO is needed is a person on bass...sorta another Van Halen Type.... b'sides look at who plays-played bass, that'll motivate ya....see the list below:

Phil Lynott
Cliff Burton
Gene Simmons
Rodger Waters
John Entwhistle
Share' Peterson
Billy Sheehan
Geddy Lee
Dusty Hill (ZZTop)
Paul McCartney
John Paul Jones
Rudy Sarzo
YOU-??????????

I'll pick up the bass ,I want only two....I've tickled the keys & go for a stretch -creatively -on- the drums...But again, I'm more a Rock Vocalist-olde school-real- not a faker like bieber & all the current top-pop 40-pseudo rock crud that is on the airwaves as of late....not a by-product of glee or Idol...

Seek out folk with old school experience...!