This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#20537 by gbheil
Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:01 pm
Whoa; tough question so many good tunes so little time:
How about Rush 2112 - Train to Bangcock ,Ted Nugent Great White Buffalo, Jethro Tull- Aqualung, Geez April Wine did one I really liked dang it Cant remember the name. oh oh one of my friends recorded a silly one about Martian Cigaretes for me back in late 70. or James Gang - Funk 49? I think my mind just vaper locked. Got to run out to the shop n Bang my head.

#27117 by The_Copasetics
Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:38 pm
well while this is all subjective, if I had to pick an all time greatest tune (not just in my opinion but a true "epic") I'd have to say "Like a Rolling Stone". Also notable ones would be Freebird and Stairway.

Please forgive my cliche choices as well...lol

#27125 by JONLYKINS
Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:53 pm
ONE SONG......MMMM..........Star spangled banner.

#27151 by philbymon
Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:25 pm
I'm sure I'm gonna get slammed for this, but the US national anthem has always been an embarassment to me...for such a powerful country, with such vision, how did we come up with an anthem that A - is too hard for the average person to sing & B - one that is simply PEPPERED with question marks!!!

We shoulda done better! Shoulda used that Woody Guthrie song that I got a brain fart & cam't remember the title of...'amber waves of grain"...oh yeah! "America the Beautiful!!"

Back to the topic...you're right...it's too hard a question

"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" IS a great song

So's "Amazing Grace"

Hmmm...I'm noticing that the songs ppl say are the most moving are usually the slower, heartfelt ones.

Howzabout "Taxi" or "Cat's Cradle?"

The best piece of music ever written. imho, was Beethoven's 9th...yeah, it's a symphony, but it's also sung... :lol:

#27163 by Senior Jalapeno
Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:42 am
I heard and played a song in the early 80s with one of the best hooks ever, called SALT IN MY TEARS w/ a Top-40 Band.

The song met every criteria for a great song: Lyrics, Melody, Harmony and especially The Hook - "You aren't worth the salt in my tears" . The arrangement and muscianship were subperb, dancable , funky yet rockin hard. Could even fall into a cross-over country catagory pretty easily.

I believe a black vocal/guitar artist recorded it , but I can't remember his name. Phenominal Song, made Billboards' top 20 that year,but prob. not the best song ever- That would be You Light Up My Life By Debbie Boon, Not really-just funn'n
ya :lol:

#27164 by HowlinJ
Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:54 am
El Peno,

Debbie certainly was a boon to slock muzak back in her day, But her dear ol' daddy, Patrick, sang one of my favorites back in his day. "Love Letters in the Sand" (I as about 6 at the time.What did I know?)

Howlin'

#27168 by Senior Jalapeno
Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:23 am
HowlinJ wrote:El Peno,

Debbie certainly was a boon to slock muzak back in her day, But her dear ol' daddy, Patrick, sang one of my favorites back in his day. "Love Letters in the Sand" (I as about 6 at the time.What did I know?)

Howlin'

I was 6 once, about 4 heavy metal cover band images ago I think.

I wanted to be the dude from Iron Butterfly, his drum solo on Ina-Gadda-Davida inspired me and is the first one I ever learned.

#27218 by philbymon
Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:11 pm
Frank Zappa once said the greatest rock song was "Whiiping Post" by Greg Allman...he did a great version of it on "Them or Us"

Was that his last album?

#27219 by scarletrust
Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:15 pm
It's gotta be Macarena, hands down. :twisted:

#27239 by philbymon
Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:54 pm
"Blow Me" by Red Peters

#27249 by Guitaranatomy
Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:25 pm
scarletrust wrote:It's gotta be Macarena, hands down. :twisted:

Lmao!

#27265 by The Hunter
Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:39 pm
Best heavy metal: Dig, by Mudvayne
One, by Metallica
Best blues: Lenny, by srv
Red House, by jimmy hendrix
Layla, (dont need to list artist) :)
Best Punk: Good riddance, by Green Day
Best Folk: Dust in the Wind, by Kansas
Best Bandmix song I've heard yet: The Well, by Neanderpaul
in fact i did a cover of it and posted it on my profile 8)

#27297 by gbheil
Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:02 pm
I find it absalutly impossable not to sing Whippin Post when I hear it.

#27310 by jw123
Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:58 pm
Ive thought about this for awhile. Thinking about it from a standpoint of what song has everyone sung or had sung to them, I think I'll say "Happy Birthday.''

#28357 by Iffybiz
Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:47 pm
In my Life by the Beatles is very good and on many lists.
George Harrison had cool song called "It's all up to what you Value" that I love.
One of my all-time favorities is a Paul Simon song called "Something so Right" which has some really cool changes and great lyrics.
Johhny B. Goode has to be up there but the #1 all-time?
Satisfaction by the Stones. Probably the best guitar riff in history, great lyrics, sung with passion and power and to this day makes me want to prance around and pretend to be Mick signing it when it comes on. Close second for me. Baba O'Reilly by the Who.