This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

Are you timid about trying to collaborate outside your genre?

N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
#295858 by Ephraim Freedman
Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:09 pm
I appreciate any approach to a person's musical expression or endeavor. Some of the best bands brought with them each individual's taste and musical approach. Finding the right blend to offer to the world, is a delicacy that can only work if each ingredient mixes well together. Creating original music is an art like cooking by reworking, adding, removing, mixing etc., and that's just on the preparation of composition arrangement prior to recording and performance.

I am looking for local musicians with an openness to add their own into a collaborative effort. The pressure gauges of ego, and expectations need to be shelved. Any endeavor can only work out if an individual can identify and relate with what is being created. Acceptance of opinion is worthy, where aggravated control needs to yield. Any abstract can be harnessed and molded into the framework of an arrangement if all the pieces fit. I'm a creator first and a performer second. Hoping my N.E. Ohio region might produce musicians I can relate with personally and musically. Alone we are good, together we are great.
Attachments
background photo cropped.png
background photo cropped.png (71.76 KiB) Viewed 20624 times
#295861 by DainNobody
Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:15 am
I deleted a couple follow-up posts in reply to your post seeking musicians..I feel I must not be what you are seeking, so rather than asking to see a sample of your playing, to see even if there would be a remote possibility of gelling, I will leave it to somebody else that might be a better fit for you..good luck
#295862 by Planetguy
Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:25 pm
Ephraim Freedman wrote:I appreciate any approach to a person's musical expression or endeavor. Some of the best bands brought with them each individual's taste and musical approach. Finding the right blend to offer to the world, is a delicacy that can only work if each ingredient mixes well together. Creating original music is an art like cooking by reworking, adding, removing, mixing etc., and that's just on the preparation of composition arrangement prior to recording and performance.

I am looking for local musicians with an openness to add their own into a collaborative effort. The pressure gauges of ego, and expectations need to be shelved. Any endeavor can only work out if an individual can identify and relate with what is being created. Acceptance of opinion is worthy, where aggravated control needs to yield. Any abstract can be harnessed and molded into the framework of an arrangement if all the pieces fit. I'm a creator first and a performer second. Hoping my N.E. Ohio region might produce musicians I can relate with personally and musically. Alone we are good, together we are great.

Ephraim, say....you wouldn't happen to be related to our long lost Vampier, would you? Your prose reads much like his.