This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#295380 by ReObscura
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:10 am
Wow, i had no idea band mix has a forum. been a member for about 4 years now and had no idea til' i stumbled in here. from the looks of the place its kinda....deserted?
anyway, if anyone looks in here out of boredom i hope you are doing ok. I am just not sure what life is going to look like in the next couple of months, it's really hard for any working musician right now; most clubs and bars are closed or have limited accommodations for live music and even the Union guys are lucky to get a call. i just hope that the love for the craft is enough to keep everyone in good spirits. we need dancing and headbanging again!
i hope to hear from anyone who has the time to just say hello.
be safe everyone. -^_^-

-ReObscura-
#295381 by Mordgeld
Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:47 pm
Good to see someone here. Is mostly dead forum now. Killed by political banter and a lack of respect.

Haven't been doing any shows except occasional online. All of my band's shows are postponed with no firm date for re-booking. We have been putting in the time to polish up a substantial amount of new material representing a heavier and more technical approach. Looking to put together a video and (if possible) a live show for this new set. Have been rehearsing an acoustic set as the expected limited-open bookings will be exclusively acoustic gigs in the near term. Hope you are doing well and getting some benefit from this 'pause' too.
#295439 by gbheil
Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:57 pm
Howdy howdy howdy . . .
Cool, calm, and pouring rain here in the forest of East Texas this morning.
Leads a man to think, if not despair.
After numerous years of fairly regular performances, lost our vocalist purportedly to fear over the 'virus'.
Then my drummer, as the grind of rehearsals and arrangement without public outlet of new music took it's toll on us as the stress personality conflicts musical differences seemed to escalate.
Now . . . months in . . . the search seems all but futile not fertile.
I've some ideas, and even some inspiration. Yet without music associated income, I am reticent to invest any of our household income toward the music scene.

I know I am not the only one dealing with such common issues . . . but . . .
It sure feels lonely out here sometimes.

George