This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#19307 by Guitaranatomy
Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:23 pm
... Politics, on the music forum! Lol. I promised RhythmMan I would not discuss these topics on here because they do not belong here (He is right by the way). Thus, I am turning this into a music discussion.

So, here it goes. We should write a song about the controversies that bother us in this nation. The best songs come from the heart, emotions, hate, life, etc...

Good heavy metal songs come from hate. Good love songs come from loss or being in love. And it goes on and on. So by taking those things we can make pretty good songs. I am working on a new Middle Eastern piece, it is very cool sounding. I cannot wait to get a better guitar and record everything onto the computer. I remembered last night that my MP3 player has a built in microphone... You would think I never owned the damn thing in the first place that I did not recall that (Moron that I am!). So I am using that to record riffs down to help me remember them.

Well, this keeps this a music discussion, thus keeping us out of the hateful feuds of politics. Because I sense it coming. Let us all be at peace.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#21434 by sliding-in-E
Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:47 pm
About 4 years ago we had a tragic event happen to our child in school when he was in 1st grade. Something that happens to many children all over the world (and the cover ups). I was put on anti anxiety medication which helped a little to make it thru that rough time. When my son asked to learn guitar I bought him a guitar and than played it myself. It was than that I realized that when I played a did not think of my problems. I than bought my own guitars and amps and play when ever I feel blue. (It works for me). Now that I am in 51 I realize what a sad world we live in and how evil man kind can be. It's not the British vs the US it's everybody vs everybody. When cavemen first inhabited this planet, the first thing they did was throw rocks at each other, and things have not changed since than except now man has better weapons. I now have a mistrust for most people which inspired me to right a song I named sad world. (it's on my site) Though I have not finished the lyrics I have pretty much finished the music part. Hopefully I will find a singer who can help finish writing the lyrics.

I don't know if I made any sense
Just my 2 cents
Eddie

#21436 by Guitaranatomy
Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:51 pm
Sliding Ed, you made perfect sense. I agree with you, it is really not so much about country versus country, it is about man versus man. We have been killing each other from the beginning of time, and now it is just spiraling out of hand with technological advances.

I play my guitar when I am upset too. I play heavy metal usually or write something melodic.

#21458 by RhythmMan
Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:11 pm
I play all kinds of styles of music, and I usually find that my emotions follow the emotions of the song I am playing.
. . . music is crystalized emotion . . .
So - I never play any angry-sounding music.
I try to stick with happy, upbeat stuff, or sad or melancholy . . . but not angry. When I was a kid I played angry music, but I'm well out of that stage . . .
. . . no telling what my next stage of music may be, but I hope it's happy sounding, whatever it is. Or, at least cool - sounding . . .
:)
I much prefer the stuff that brings a smile to everyones face . . .
If you want to be happy - play happy music.
If you want to be sad - play sad music.
If you want to walk with a bounce - play music that 'walks with a bounce' . . .

#21459 by Guitaranatomy
Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:18 pm
RhythmMan, I just hope your next stage is not metal... I just cannot see you playing metal... Lol.

But if you ever do let me know, because by then I should be good! We can jam. Lol.

#21598 by da skunk
Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:08 am
the beatles, the stones .no hate here ,alot of love for the brits........

#21606 by da skunk
Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:26 am
THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!! ADAM ANT? DID I JUST SAY THAT....? ALRIGHT NOT ALL THE BRITS WERE AN AT&T COMMERCIAL GRADE BAND BUT SOME OF THEM WERE ...................................all AROUND THE WORLD>>>>>>>> aND IF YOU NEED A GREEN CARD TO GET HERE SO BE IT...GET IT AND SHOW US WHAT YOU'VE GOT.....

#21612 by scarletrust
Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:32 am
Taxation without representation!!! Oh, wait.....I think that's been taken care of......(maybe) :wink:

#21635 by Starfish Scott
Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:26 am
Adam Ant?

I always wanted to tear off the tape he must have worn on his face. LOL

#21640 by RhythmMan
Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:30 am
I've played heavy metal. I've played punk rock, I've played acid rock, hard rock . . .
It doesn't really do that much for me, anymore. Too rudimentary, too loud (hearing damage loud), too distorted (Asus4, A7th, A5; doesn't make that much difference) and it's boring for me to play.
. . . great stuff to learn with, though, I guess . . .
. . . but a lot of it is all about the image, and not always the music . . .
So, no, you'll never see me playing that kind of stuff anymore. I took from those styles the things I liked, and I moved on.
And now I like to play stuff you can't hear anywhere else.
I like dozens and dozens of styles of music, now . . .
Some people don't appreciate other kinds of music, and so they stick to only one or 2 styles of music; and that's fine . . .
That's what makes the world a great place - we're all different - makes things more intersting, eh?
But I need a bigger challenge, now, and I don't have all the pent-up negative emotions necessary for that style, anymore.
I play what I feel.
And I don't feel angry . . .
So you're absolutely right - my next stage won't be metal.
Actually, my next stage is a private performance at a halfway house, this coming Sunday . . .
The people there are down and out.
I'm going to play stuff for them, and when I leave they'll be feeling animated and happy, like the last couple times I played for them . . .
For me - that's a lot of what it's about: playingmusic that makes people feel good . . .

#21651 by Irminsul
Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:43 am
Captain Scott wrote:Adam Ant?

I always wanted to tear off the tape he must have worn on his face. LOL

Wasn't it last year or so that he got his ass kicked in a pub fight? I think I read that in the news...

#21656 by Guitaranatomy
Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:48 am
RhythmMan_BluesRockFolk wrote:I've played heavy metal. I've played punk rock, I've played acid rock, hard rock . . .
It doesn't really do that much for me, anymore. Too rudimentary, too loud (hearing damage loud), too distorted (Asus4, A7th, A5; doesn't make that much difference) and it's boring for me to play.
. . . great stuff to learn with, though, I guess . . .
. . . but a lot of it is all about the image, and not always the music . . .
So, no, you'll never see me playing that kind of stuff anymore. I took from those styles the things I liked, and I moved on.
And now I like to play stuff you can't hear anywhere else.
I like dozens and dozens of styles of music, now . . .
Some people don't appreciate other kinds of music, and so they stick to only one or 2 styles of music; and that's fine . . .
That's what makes the world a great place - we're all different - makes things more intersting, eh?
But I need a bigger challenge, now, and I don't have all the pent-up negative emotions necessary for that style, anymore.
I play what I feel.
And I don't feel angry . . .
So you're absolutely right - my next stage won't be metal.
Actually, my next stage is a private performance at a halfway house, this coming Sunday . . .
The people there are down and out.
I'm going to play stuff for them, and when I leave they'll be feeling animated and happy, like the last couple times I played for them . . .
For me - that's a lot of what it's about: playingmusic that makes people feel good . . .

That is fascinating, RhythmMan. I never thought you would have been one to even try Heavy Metal, it just does not appear to be you, so to speak.

Hey, look, I think a musician should have more than two styles they like. For instance, I like techno rock, heavy metal, and primarily Middle Eastern music.

Good luck with your next gig at the halfway house. It is nice to have a musician play stuff that makes people feel good.

I would come see you play at one of your gigs, but I am a bit far from you... Lol.

#25411 by philbymon
Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:29 pm
I think the "yanks" hate the "limeys" for that whole "yanks = wankers" thing...or maybe it was cuz they took our blues & made major hit pop songs out of 'em when we couldn't...or maybe it's cuz they speak so nicely & we can't enunciate...or maybe it's cuz we can't compete in the ettiquette dept...or perhaps it was Oasis & the Spice Girls & we wish we had Benny Hill...?

Personally, coming from Scot/Native American blood, I think the hatred is totally justifried...heh heh heh...unless yer talkin' 'bout the Beatles, the Stones, Camel, the Animals, Nektar, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, etc, etc, etc...

No..Irm's right...it's the food! "Blood pudding," indeed!

#25423 by RhythmMan
Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:23 pm
Yeah, or maybe it's all a load of horse-puckey, and maybe we don't hate 'm at all.
But - you sure did bring up some interesting points, gotta admit . . .

#25467 by scarletrust
Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:33 am
Border Reivers 4 Life!