This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#16001 by Axgrinder
Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:47 am
Greeniemagic wrote:If there IS any hostillity to us from the US it is probably down to the fact they haven't forgiven us still for inflicting the "Spice Girls" onto them :P

Yeppers, It was those nasty little "Spice Girls" fo sho! And to the author of this wondrous topic; music knows no boundaries and if my country won't open it's doors to you, it's really not "we the peoples" fault. Although, we the people is really "them the government" if the truth be known! I stay as far away from religion and politics as humanly possible, for the most part. We all bleed red and reside on the same planet, do we not? In the next life, none of this sh*t will matter.

;-Peace,

Ax

#16119 by Greeniemagic
Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:14 pm
Best run and hide Axe, the've just got back together for a one off reunion tour or something :wink:

#16121 by Axgrinder
Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:07 am
Greeniemagic wrote:Best run and hide Axe, the've just got back together for a one off reunion tour or something :wink:

:shock: Oh.... Noooo! Head for the hills. Actually, there kind of cute, however, looking and listening are two very different things, I must say. Incidentally, Geeniemagic, me lady, You have a wondrous set of pipes on you :!: I am very impressed. Don't take this the wrong way, but your plenty easy on the old eyeballs as well! Hey, I notice these things. I'm over 40 and all, but I'm far from dead :twisted: If your interested in perhaps doing an online collab. (Your a hell of a writer as well) drop me a line/or not.

[email protected]

#16156 by Greeniemagic
Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:33 pm
Hey thanx for listening ax and for the compliments :D Yeah sure..I'm always up for a collab but it will have to be New Year though as I'm a wee bit busy with my band at the mo and besides, I'll have a decent keyboard to work with by then too (due to me threatening santa with all kinds of horrid stuff if I don't get it :D)

Liked the song on your profile too, very nice. What did you have in mind or are you pretty open??

#16164 by Axgrinder
Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:05 am
New years sounds like a plan, I didn't even think about how busy you must be! But then that's a good thing,eh? Your more than welcome for the kudos, for you more than deserved them. I'm glad you liked my Christmas song, thanks!

I have some stuff I've been working on that I think you could dance all over with your sweet voice and your keys. I'm about as open as a book thats, well....... open :wink: I don't know, there's just something about you that intrigues me :roll: I think are styles would truly compliment one another :smile: OK, only 3 Emo's per post. Appears that I've met my quota. You have my email my dear, drop me a line when your ready, or hell, just drop me a line? I'll bet Santa spoils you rotten, huh?

Be well,

Ax

#16424 by Never On Monday
Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:57 pm
The US hates the Brits? That's news to me, now the French on the other hand best stay home............

#16436 by Irminsul
Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:03 am
Things I thank Britain for:

Kate Bush
Peter Gabriel
Keith Emmerson
Rick Wakeman

Things I don't thank Britain for:

David Beckham
The Spice Girls
kidney pie
blood sausage
all overboiled foods
#16439 by fisherman bob
Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:19 am
My grandmother. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't have been born.

Freddy Mercury, Brian May, John Deacon, and Roger Taylor.

Later...

#18495 by Irish Anthony
Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:23 pm
well well well,it would appear that the yanks hate the brits,funny but us irish are not your biggest fans either.....hahahaha
and im kidding by the by..i dont want to start another sh*t throwing contest. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: or do i :?:

#18501 by Irminsul
Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:13 pm
Nah, Irish folks and me always got along. Some of the best times I had traveling around Europe and the Isles were in Ireland. Think about it, how in the world can you hate folks who like to gather round and play music till all hours of the morning, like they do in Ireland?

#18505 by Guitaranatomy
Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:25 pm
Irminsul wrote:Nah, Irish folks and me always got along. Some of the best times I had traveling around Europe and the Isles were in Ireland. Think about it, how in the world can you hate folks who like to gather round and play music till all hours of the morning, like they do in Ireland?

I can't hate anyone from any country who likes to jam all the way into all hours of the morning, lol. Go Ireland!

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#18509 by Irish Anthony
Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:38 pm
ah all this talk of late night sessions and singing circles make me pine for the old country...im sure we could sort out a good old shin dig or "whouley' as we call em with irminsul playin the squeez box, guitaranatomy on the mandolin and myself belting out the old ballads while everone else in the room sings the chours all while trying to drown ourselves in guinness...it a long long way from clare too here..great craic altogether.

#18515 by Guitaranatomy
Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:02 pm
Lol. Me on a Mandolin, that would be something. Hey, I do not drink, I hope you guys got tons of ginger ale over there, that is one of my favorite sodas. :D

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#18517 by HowlinJ
Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:18 pm
I've known a few Irish folk who seemed to have a problem with them lime suckin rascals.

None the less, I too can name a few of 'em that I find agreeable,

Greenie
Blondie
Hawking
Penrose
and of course ......Alen Price........BUT!

I'm still a little pissed about "that thing" with the White House back in 1812.

P.S/ Ever notice how they screw up the 'merican language?

#18524 by Irminsul
Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:49 am
irish anthony wrote:ah all this talk of late night sessions and singing circles make me pine for the old country...im sure we could sort out a good old shin dig or "whouley' as we call em with irminsul playin the squeez box, guitaranatomy on the mandolin and myself belting out the old ballads while everone else in the room sings the chours all while trying to drown ourselves in guinness...it a long long way from clare too here..great craic altogether.

Brings backthe memories.

Anthony I always thought I was a music junkie...but those Irish put me the hell to shame. They'd play for seven hours and just be warming up.....