This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#37150 by Black57
Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:02 am
Greeniemagic wrote:If there IS any hostillity to us from the US it is probably down to the fact they haven't forgiven us still for inflicting the "Spice Girls" onto them :P

Now that's funny. Also, my .02. For a country that hates Brits, there sure are plenty of them on our TV's. Someone needs to inform the powers that be, maybe they aint heard that yet. I guess Sir Elton is going to lose his Las Vegas gig soon.

#37163 by Rick Stringfellow
Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:44 am
The only people I hate are people who hate people.

#37164 by Rick Stringfellow
Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:45 am
Which came first? The people or the hate?

#37165 by TheCaptain
Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:01 pm
Therefore you probably hate most people in the world...

#37167 by RhythmMan
Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:18 pm
Hey. Celtic - been doing much music lately?

#37268 by AirViking
Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:18 am
I say F**k all people, F**k all countries.
There, now lets descriminate. everyone sucks equally, and countries are just things that leech off peoples income to go fight "wars."

Stay friggin metal :twisted:

#37349 by fretwork
Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:36 am
Come on dude, you want to come to the US to work (to play) every one needs a work permit for that, if you wanted to come for vacation or holidays as you guys say it of there, you wouldn’t need any paper.

The problem is that you talk about “these days and age” disregarding that in the US we are living a new age, a post 9/11 age, the fact that you come from England doesn’t preclude you from scrutiny, after all that Brit guy Reid came from England with a bomb in his shoe.

As for you fighting for our oil I beg to differ with you, England get a lot of oil from the Middle East, your troops are of there not for our oil but yours.

If I wanted to make a gross generalization like you did, I’d say that the Brits as a whole behave like spoiled brats but we know better so I’ll limit myself to say you are behaving like a spoiled brat.

PS: Next time you want to raise an immigration issue address it to the State department or the INS, this is a music site I for one would like to remain so.

#37360 by TheCaptain
Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:48 pm
RhythmMan_BluesRockFolk wrote:Hey. Celtic - been doing much music lately?

oh man, I've got to be the slackenest one here..
Not that I'm not without excuse..what with normal life w/3 young kids, trying to relocate, church responsibilities, broken bmw, blah blah

So, in short nothing really new on my front, cept I still have my dream of a fusion/celtic band ...<sigh>

My wife however, who is NOT a slaker, IS doing stuff & recently completed a CD of simple piano/vox songs she wrote, and I guess we'll arrange these for a full band & play out a couple times this year.

I did just play lead guit for a conference in the Poconos..

Well, that's the report from Maine.
Hope to be doing more music for sure as time goes on

Cheers all!
slakaCeltzGuildofMaine