This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#295049 by Naughtorious
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:25 pm
Moved from DC last year, Im 46 yr old been playing guitar and bass since 1995, checking the music scene in Dale City VA, any networks, facebook groups, apps or how do people find likeminded people to Jam or write music with? When I was in DC most people my age did blues and commercial rock covers, are things different here ? I can write songs and melodies but not too motivated at the moment, mainly because I was taking a break from main bands and just noodling around with Logic pro or my looper and drum pedals. Thank you for reading this lengthy and not to the point post, but hope to hear from people who are in the same boat or have better advice for me.

#295642 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:49 pm
Hey man, over in Asheville.

This group is a non-starter. No real professionals in the discussion boards anymore. The leftist amateurs did what they do...bullied a guy for having a different opinion. Kicked him below the belt. Ya know...typical "tolerant" types.

So anyone who is professional left long ago. I think this is my first post in about 5 years?

Maybe try airgigs.com or fivvr. Hope you see this, I'm gone for at least another five.
#295643 by Mordgeld
Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:06 pm
t-Roy and The Smoking Section wrote:Hey man, over in Asheville.

This group is a non-starter. No real professionals in the discussion boards anymore. The leftist amateurs did what they do...bullied a guy for having a different opinion. Kicked him below the belt. Ya know...typical "tolerant" types.

So anyone who is professional left long ago. I think this is my first post in about 5 years?

Maybe try airgigs.com or fivvr. Hope you see this, I'm gone for at least another five.

I remember all that bs. I still check in from time to time but not sure if I qualify as a pro. :) Still using a guy in Europe to provide tracks for our live show since no luck finding a real person here. I've never seen airgigs.com; have to check that out. Fivvr can get you a pro but of course it costs money. Seems to me the OP isn't looking to pay for jams so looking for online collaboration might be the best way to go since one can trade tracks with a larger pool of musicians.
#295646 by schmedidiah
Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:33 pm
t-Roy and The Smoking Section wrote:Hey man, over in Asheville.

:lol: