This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#294510 by Buff Danny
Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:41 pm
Hi guys, we're a "band" located in the new haven CT area. Just a simple two piece of bass and drums who play punk, rock, metal and pop. All genres where these two instruments can make or break a song (I think we mostly break).

I remember in my younger years band open mics were a dime a dozen and I LOVED forcing my bands to go use them as practice and trial nights for new material.

I have been jamming and creating with my bud/bandmate now for a while and trying to find some open mics where we can test some of our material out. For some reason though I cant seem to find ANY open mics, let alone rock/punk ones where we can test this stuff out in the right atmosphere.

Can someone PLEASE let me know a couple in our area where we can head out to play a couple songs?

Thanks all!!
#294514 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:37 pm
Well, I would not say they are dead - there's one guy who posts his open mic here every once in a while. Have you looked through the openmics.org (and other) websites? Local Facebook groups? Frankly, a bass-and-drums duo is a little unusual and would not go over well at most open mics around here which tend to be either acoustic or full band.
#294515 by schmedidiah
Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:17 pm
if you play hard at all (not sure about that pop part) check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/NoiseRockNow/
for some leads. bass and drums duos are hot in the noise rock genre atm.