This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#294328 by Some_Body
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:40 am
To the best of MY knowledge, the music scene in St. Petersburg seems rather mainstream or tourist orientated. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have not been around in awhile. I might move there permanently, but... I'd like to find a professional, established, and working band where the musicians are not playing for "face time" or being taken advantage of. I know. Hard sell. Probably not very realistic on my part. I like to play somebody's ORIGINAL music but I understand that covers ARE a given to make anything. I have sadly become frustrated with my current situation in playing out quite a bit, but not getting paid. Instead, the money from gigs goes into a common 'band fund' that is doled out mostly to paying promoters or "agents" that turn out to be scams. Due to my gender and whatever else, I have no say in much here. I can't. I'd like a better situation where I can be taken more seriously. Thanks. IF you read this and "have a feeling of who it is" or whatever, do a girl a favor and don't spread gossip. I do not know what I am going to do yet. Thank you kindly.