This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#291749 by Sterling Loren Young
Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:33 pm
Anyone up for trying to start a band or welcoming new members in Killeen Tx? I'm a singer and songwriter, so if you want fresh songs vs. cover songs, then I'm the band member for you.
I have been singing for over 25 years. I also play B flat clarinet, I have dabbled in keyboard. I can hit a few notes and play by ear, but that is pretty much it. When it comes to vocals and the keyboard, I have been trained in the classical way, but over time, have picked up on rock, pop and jazz genres. I like the new electro-swing sound, j-pop sound, new age funk, and am a fan of Daft Punk and Gorillaz. My biggest vocal inspirations come from Amy Winehouse, Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Madonna and the band Queen. I love Jimmy Hendrix, any 60's-70's rock and pretty much any glam band from the 80's. I also dig certain broadway play music.

I am not a fan of gospel or rap, but if need be, or trying to work in a group-goal, I don't shy away from them. They are just not my cup of tea... at all.

I know I've said my peace about my genres, but at this point, I don't care about the genre. I just want to get back into the swing of things and getting with people who want to create and play music.
#292130 by MikeDehart
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:54 pm
Take it from someone whos been there( Killeen area) look toward Austin. Killeen is either GI bands which dont last or gargae bands that dont play. Tough to find anything there.