This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#289872 by schmedidiah
Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:58 am
Nice cover. Hope they recorded something original while they had the gang together in the studio.
It's been too long, Jahva. Don't be a stranger.
#289882 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:09 pm
Hey, Jahva, nice to hear from you. Been doing any music? I looked at your RN page a while back, didn't see any updates.

I was friends with nanderpaul on FB for a while, but his religious postings got to be too much for me.
#289887 by Jahva
Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Hey Schmed.
I don't think they do any originals... just cover other artists but their niche is Chicago from what I've seen. Kind of funny you can hear their Russian accents...

Yoah Mike RN... I've not been to that site in years... Not sure why I joined it anymore like all these sites... post your music where only musicians hang out. Seemed kind of silly once I realized what it's about.
But yeah still doing what I do... less than before these days. Had to work on the marriage time... to keep it alive and kicking. You guys know how that works...
Been trying to put an album or collection of songs together since I bought Presonus... It is my labor of mud! :lol: Will finish it one of these days... :roll:
I read through some of the threads here... business as usual I see :lol: :lol:
#289891 by schmedidiah
Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:52 pm
Don't sell Facebook short. That's where everyone is going. Join under a fake profile and look for musicians groups on your area. Bet you could find more than the ten jokers who post here regularly. :wink:
#289902 by Jahva
Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:56 pm
schmedidiah wrote:Don't sell Facebook short. That's where everyone is going. Join under a fake profile and look for musicians groups on your area. Bet you could find more than the ten jokers who post here regularly. :wink:

Been able to avoid FB since it's inception... got no itch... playing live that is.

But the jokers are what make it worth the price of admission... :mrgreen:
#289904 by Ancient Vegan
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:30 pm
Hey Jahva

Didn't see Neanderpaul in it

But that singer was excellent

I mean the whole group was good

sound like Terry Kath
#289907 by Jahva
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:52 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:Hey Jahva

Didn't see Neanderpaul in it

But that singer was excellent

I mean the whole group was good

sound like Terry Kath

Hey LD good to see ya!
It wasn't NP just reminded me of him... he was/is such a talented singer. Remember those loops he would do..

Yeah that git player had it down... he was working it. Really talented bunch of Ruskies!! :mrgreen:
#289908 by Ancient Vegan
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:01 pm
I always like listening to Paul as he sat at his piano
#289909 by Jahva
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:09 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:I always like listening to Paul as he sat at his piano

You turned Vegan?
#289956 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:29 pm
Schmed is right - FB is where its at these days for networking with other musicians in your area, as well as sharing your music to the world.
RN is just a place to post your music/videos/gigs/etc for free.
#289960 by Jahva
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:08 pm
That's good to hear... if the itch ever comes back. :wink:
Hows your gigging going Mike? Open mics...
#289963 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:04 pm
Yeah Jahava I've been a Vegatarian for the past 10 yrs, and Vegan going on 4 yrs.

You know I liked Paul at the piano, but your right his loops were incredible, like the
one where he is in the back of the truck and lays down a drum track, then bass, then
guitar, vocals, I'm not sure of the order he played on that video but Paul was kicking it
#289967 by Jahva
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:50 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaK6bS8 ... eanderpaul
I liked this one..

Good for you man... was it doctors orders or your own decision?
My wife is vegan... my daughter... we call her a cheese-atarian. Mac and cheese cheese pizza grilled cheese etc... :mrgreen:
I'll have some eggs, chicken and seafood once or twice a month other than that pretty close to Vegetarian...

Veganism is like a faqing religion these days... the way so many of them preach... too extreme for me. But if it works for you that's awesome.
Hows the music going for you?
#289972 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:21 pm
It was my decision, I don't need to kill anything to eat.
If I did need to kill to eat I would.

My wife is vegetarian, and our eating habits are rubbing off on our kids.

I don't preach it, unless people want me to, I'm proud to be vegan.
(More whole food plant based diet, for me, but vegan)

Musically I just pound on my old piano mostly, not into bands anymore.
Instead of getting home at 3am, I like to get up and run.

My boy has a band that's playing out in the bars pretty regular, Ihelp them out a little.
My Grandson has a band that I was playing in, but left it to the 14 yr old boys.
I've set both bands up with drums, pa and mikes. I'm proud of those boys.

I can't quit writing words to songs, I just write them sketch the chord pattern, and rough
write the melody, and put them in a folder.