This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#290119 by wayne499779
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:43 pm
I resemble your remark... I am a 1st class player, but have been working for the past 25 years and I got injured on the job. Therefore I am poor already. I also only get on stage at songwriter showcases because I do not have the demo or video to show club owners. It actually took me 4 years to get on stage in Tupelo, Mississippi. I have played in Houston, Nashville, Little Rock, Memphis etc... I just don't have any video with the exception of a blues jam where I did an improve and someone had a camera and put it on youtube. What most failed to realise is the work they would have to put in to get work. I'm 47 and I'm just now getting everything I need to start gigging. It's a process and most folks quit long before they get what they need. I finfally found someone to video me, but it's going to cost $250 bucks... That's a little under 1/2 of what I need to get the guitar amp I'm after. Oh Well... Priorities right? Good luck with your search my friend.
#293542 by bill1332543
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:14 pm
I have been trying the best I can and even have had others try also for me, BUT, I keep getting ERROR messages when trying to up Load Music and Videos. I believe Band Mix is having issues! I WANT to post Music & videos! So Because I have NOT been able to, IF someone who contacts me, I can DIRECT THEM to WHERE They can see or Hear me in Performance! IF YOU ARE SERIOUSLY In SEARCH of a certain Player, IS IT THAT HARD to make CONTACT with them and ASK Them Where You can See Or Hear some samples? I see a LOT Of People "VIEWING" my Page, BUT VERY FEW actually MAKE CONTACT! Those that have, I have directed to sites where they can see & Hear all they want! HEY, DON'T be afraid to ASK!!
#293544 by schmedidiah
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:25 pm
bill1332543 wrote:I have been trying the best I can and even have had others try also for me, BUT, I keep getting ERROR messages when trying to up Load Music and Videos. I believe Band Mix is having issues! I WANT to post Music & videos!

are you posting videos from youtube? that's the way to go. this site has been due for an update since the last millennium. :lol: :roll:
#293565 by GuitarMikeB
Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:25 pm
Like Schmed says, you can only post links to youtube videos here. And your audio tracks have to be MP3s.
#293584 by Daniel Towsley
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:20 am
The termination of licensing often just affects devices and applications using the codec. A website which just hosts it will still be allowed to do so.

From the report:

"Users will continue to be able to listen to MP3 files, however, without industry support for the format, a shift away from the technology to more progressive alternatives looks inevitable."

This is all in line to the aforementioned text of it just being dropped from applications and devices. Websites can continue to use it until they decide to .. well .. not.

---

As for no audio or video there s no reason not to have something. You have converters, recording tools, mixers, etc for mobile devices, pcs, and even websites which offer a wide array of these free services. With my 2018 practices I used a mobile app to convert video to audio, then uploaded to the site. You can even just record the sound on your mobile device when playing an instrument. It doesnt have to be studio quality. Just something the rest can listen to.

---

I used a skullcandy headset on pc for the longest. Which costs only $12. The skullcandy headset works on mobile as well. It may not be the greatest but it works. Its such a very common item that even windows has it listed in devices when you connect one. Then they have recorders for pc or mobile that are free. Just use the skullcandy headset to record from (or the internal mic on mobile as needed). Dont worry how it records given you can use apps for pc or mobile, or websites to convert to any flavor of audio.
#293740 by Ben Scott
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:47 am
One issue is file format and size issues. I have TONS of videos of me on my YT channel playing and reviewing gear plus tracks I recorded online. Right now, finding local musicians to jam with is difficult at best.