This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#286824 by Cenlaguitarplayer
Fri May 25, 2018 12:28 pm
Just a place to talk here.

I'm a guitarist, I've been sort of looking in cenla for a band. Man its slim pickings! There's not as many musicians around as there used to be...I think the new younger generation doesn't play as much,..maybe too much guitar hero,..dunno.

Anyhow, I'm a rock guitarist that has experience playing clubs. i played with a couple local groups,...a short stent with Alibi from pineville....they could never seem to get the drummer to participate,..good folks though....and I've been going to some rehearsals with the bass guy from the reruns in Lafayette and a new drummer. We can't seem to find a vocalist though,...sucks.

It's so hard to find people all on the same page. I lean more towards rock/hard rock..mordern alt. progressive like Stone Temple Pilots,..Candlebox,....Alice in Chains,.....and the heavier stuff for me is like Ozzy,...Metallica,.....
I'll play just about anything,..top 40,..pop,....but man its like impossible to find a perfect match for bandmates.

Anybody else have this issue? I'm ready to go play live,..but the stuff i normally play is harder than what variety groups around here do,...whioch is oKAY,..but it puts me having to go and learn a bnunhc of bee bop stuff i never play.

Or wait,...the "leader " of the band will pick songs that are nothing but slide guitar in a open tuning like this zz top song just got paid,,,,,,the lead is all slide,..sounds crap if not played with slide,...or songs with two or three guitar parts,..or a bunch of keyboard songs......nobody takes into consideration we have to play that crap and try and make it sound good.

I'm just blabbing. Frustrated because there's so few musicians and bands to pick from anymore.

Oh here's another one I love,....you find a vocalist thats dedicated,....but they bring NOTHING to the table,...no mic,..no pa,...no transsportation,.........no gear at all,...just their "amazing voice" lol,...great. Or a bassplayer that has a cheap bass and a rage 128 amp,..and man he's ready to rock the house down! Aaaaaaarrrrrggghghhhh,,,

I'm losing my mind man,.....just ranting and talikng lol dont mind me