This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#284469 by GigglesDrummer
Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:42 pm
We have some exciting news...

First, for those of you who do not know last year I suffered a stroke at the the Let's Rock For Kids event. I spent a week in the hospital and feel very lucky I had no permanent issues when it was all said and done. The stress of a full-time in-office job and running a full-time physical business proved to be too much I guess.

We have kept the school running by sending students directly to teachers, who offer lessons at reduced rates. The teachers keep all of the money since there is no building to pay for.

What we have not done is restart our student bands... UNTIL NOW!

I am happy to announce that we are relaunching the Rockstar Music Foundation bands program! Here is how it works:

- Rehearsals are once a week at our studio in Longwood
- We perform LIVE once every 8-12 weeks
- The shows are at REAL venues (not recitals)
- We try and perform with local bands so the students can see them in action!

We are starting two bands, one will be made up of students in high school. The other will be kids 8 years old or older (but pre-high school).

You need to:

- Learn the songs (we can match you with an instructor if you need one).

- Be at rehearsals weekly (a day will be selected at the bands first rehearsal).

- Be at the shows ON TIME and READY TO PLAY.

We can provide instruments and equipment to use at practice. We will loan out equipment if necessary for students to practice.

The program costs $75 per month (to pay the instructors).

Interested? Send us a PM! We will start as soon as we have a full band!