This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#289269 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:10 pm
Zepellin wasn't the only band to call old blues numbers their own.

I thought all of LZ's albums were incredible.
#289271 by DainNobody
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:13 pm
I agree with you Ancient Vegan but Jeff Beck can play circles around Page..ha ha..Dearly Beloved amongst the Springville music community..lol :D
#289273 by DainNobody
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:24 pm
Oh that's right..AV has stated he never wishes to see or talk to me again.but he just can't resist breaking his vow..love you Lee..you got the bone to pick..not me..I hear sh*t about you too but it goes in one ear and out the other.. Cause I know in my heart of hearts you a good guy..those people however are evil and they steer you into darkness..I pray for you :shock:
#289282 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:44 pm
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

It's your story tell it like Yod does so it put's you in the best light.

Like I said, I'm just a junk dealer, no pretenses.
But way more succesfull at it then you will ever be.

I'll talk to you in person in front of anybody, and you know it!
Won't be the conversation you're wanting, it'll be truth.
#289286 by DainNobody
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:49 pm
Go ahead sir..chastise me in front of purpleleg and water eye..I need the wisdom of a vegan showing and guiding me into correct lifestyle and living habits..I need HELP..praise be..Lord have mercy on me..I feel like The Golden Child surrounded by demons..praise be :cry:
#289306 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:13 pm
You finally got something right narc.

YOU NEED HELP :mrgreen:
#289308 by DainNobody
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:19 pm
So is this dissertation gonna be low cost or better yet..FREE?..impart wisdom unto me ancient vegan..
#291751 by sigungq
Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:50 pm
Most music today doesn't involve real musicians. It's usually generated by a technician entering a bass and drum progression into a computer, and having someone (who happens to be good looking with a few good dance moves) perform karaoke over it. In many cases, the karaoke singer/dancer isn't even that good at singing, hence the sort of fuzy sounding voice you hear as a result of the pitch correction software used in the major studios to keep the singer on key.

That having been said, there are still real musicians and singers out there, but most have become disillusioned with the "corporate pop" being foisted upon the public today. In the end, it's all about dollars and ratings. It's far more profitable to see a pretty face with a good body lip syncing than to try and fund a real full band nowadays.
#291752 by schmedidiah
Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:08 pm
Sterling Loren Young wrote:Song writer and singer here.

The thought of being forced into Cover Purgatory for all time makes me shudder. :o

you won't find a band with that ad you posted on this forum but you could sing on one of my songs.

https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse

sigungq wrote:Most music today doesn't involve real musicians. It's usually generated by a technician entering a bass and drum progression into a computer, and having someone (who happens to be good looking with a few good dance moves) perform karaoke over it. In many cases, the karaoke singer/dancer isn't even that good at singing, hence the sort of fuzy sounding voice you hear as a result of the pitch correction software used in the major studios to keep the singer on key.

That having been said, there are still real musicians and singers out there, but most have become disillusioned with the "corporate pop" being foisted upon the public today. In the end, it's all about dollars and ratings. It's far more profitable to see a pretty face with a good body lip syncing than to try and fund a real full band nowadays.

excellent first post. stick around and discuss music with us plz. ignore the political shenanigans on here. :D
#293765 by bill1332543
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:30 pm
HEY, In The Philadelphia/ New Jersey Area's there are literally THOUSANDS Of "ORIGINAL" Musicians!! They can ALL be Found LIVING IN their Mother's & Father's BASEMENT!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
#293884 by Joseph Gillis
Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:25 pm
I find good new music on youtube and am really digging king gizzard and other australian bands, like tame impala and the babe rainbow, examples that not all original music now is pasted crud we hear in a bunch of new pop singles promoted heavily. I write originals, a couple hundred since 2006 or so, and i play them at fests where people in the crowds holler for new songs,... at bars i normally play a few of them among the hundreds of covers that inspired and inspire me to play music. I make them mine, my arrangements, my sound included. I don't let it be about money (and dislike promoting myself, wanting to display humility) though i like to dabble in a pop composition on occassion. I do it for art, and it satisfies me more than oil paints and poetry does. I still do art in those and other media. I love seeing local bands, too, and plan to always be part of the local scene in support or as a performer. My experience is that many in the bars watching original music are also making it. Nice forums, y'all. I'll try not to muck it up any.
#293885 by schmedidiah
Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:39 pm
Joseph Gillis wrote:really digging king gizzard and other australian bands, like tame impala and the babe rainbow

have you heard the relatively new Oz super group, Tropical f**k Storm?

https://youtu.be/WU5NaEmpSAg

love it! :twisted:
#293887 by schmedidiah
Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:24 pm
Joseph Gillis wrote:That was very cool! One thing i enjoy about it is the guitars. I like guitars ripping through songs. Thanks for that!!

you're welcome. actually, the version filmed in NY without cymbals is a vastly superior mix without all that dang compression Ozzie tv used. next up in the queue.