This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#285594 by Joan of Heart
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:31 pm
had any luck finding people? I am also Miami and I've found it hard to find anyone to play with let alone other women.

most are listed as vocalists on here. I know our genres are different but I am curious what kind of lucky you have had finding band members or other musicians on here. causal convo isn't a bad thing either. I also think more punk bands need to be present in Miami. unless you're at churchills its hard to find a rock/live music scene here unless its ftlauderdale. unless I am looking in the wrong places...lots of open mics but not much further that I have seen unless you're a "Dj" :roll:

How long have you been writing? Ive needed to start doing that myself..

All the best,
Joan
#286389 by Mordgeld
Wed May 16, 2018 6:18 pm
Wish I could send my last former drummer out there. I think she could handle punk. You wanna pay her freight from CA and put her up, she might just go. My singer does want to have at least one other female in the band than her so I can vouch for the difficulty in finding female musicians that do anything other than chill vocals and acoustic guitar strumming. Willie is certainly right about finding people on Bandmix. Craigslist seems to garner many more responses. As for the 'can't sing' part, that doesn't seem to be stopping anyone from trying here where I live. I figure, if people want to come see it, it must be a legit style.
#286416 by Vampier
Thu May 17, 2018 7:11 pm
You have to sing to do Punk ? I guess things have really changed. Good Luck to you both. Craigslist used to be better but it is still a possibility.