This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#282463 by GOBCLT
Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:33 pm
We are a professional Scottish/Irish punk/rock band in Charlotte, NC. It has been ridiculously difficult to find a talented piper that has time for a band member position (even for a regularly gigging group such as ours). Any other bands run into this issue? Any suggestions or help? Much appreciated.
#282778 by Dave Ostrowski
Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:53 pm
Hey There,

I'm in upstate NY playing bass with HellCat Maggie. We have a Highland piper. He's been around the block and is very well connected. I just sent him a text asking if he knew anyone in your area.

It's a tough situation. We'd actually given up on finding one, but a year and a half ago he appeared seemingly out of nowhere - lives 2 1/2 hours away, but happily makes the drives, and has Bb and A pipes!!! Plus he plays banjo on all non-pipe tunes.

So, we just kept posting on Craigslist, Bandmix, music stores, and anywhere else we could think of. We reached out to local and distant pipe corps, etc. There seemed to be no shortage, except that they all were too busy, or preferred sticking with the occasional parade, funeral, or what have you....or were just not too keen on Flogging Molly and the like.

In the mean time, were searching for a new fiddle player, but luckily our existing guy is sticking with us until we find someone else - could be a very long time

Hey, have you got any music posted online? I'd love to hear what you're doing.

Good luck to you, and I'll let you know if our guy has any leads for you.
Slainte,
Dave
#282857 by schmedidiah
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:40 am
who knows if that guy will ever return. it's happened before. :D