This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#281474 by Planetguy
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:37 pm
michael1162407 wrote:: "Please list that you're searching to join a band or you looking for musicians with specific skills such as ______ (i.e, don't add accordion players , and xylophone players unless really needed)"

damn... and we were assured if we bought this damn thing the gigs would just be POURING IN!!!

#281528 by Planetguy
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:47 pm
michael1162407 wrote:
[damn... and we were assured if we bought this damn thing the gigs would just be POURING IN!!!/quote]

Sarcasm is great when used properly. I have no idea why you wrote this - did anyone in their posts claim that gigs would be abundant here?

Well, don't hurt yourself overthinking it....I wouldn't want you to sprain anything!

UH, OH! The Sarcasm Po-Po have showed up w their red pens! Say,can you let me off w just a warning this time, officer?

I notice you live in Dix Hills.....Did you misspell "Dix"????

Lighten up dude....if you don't take things so literally and seriously you might enjoy the water around here. 8)

#284643 by Slidemonster
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:28 pm
I question the validity of this service as a tool for networking with other musicians. I did subscribe with the premium service for the ability to send messages internally and sent out a few messages internally to other players without an acknowledgement or hint of a reply.

Granted this is my personal experience up to this point after a few months. I'll keep trying but the lack of one simple reply is quickly diminishing my hopes to continue compensating this service.
#286826 by Cenlaguitarplayer
Fri May 25, 2018 2:14 pm
I feel your pain. It seems theres not as many musicians as there used to be.

I have very little luck on here,..I do better with craigslist,..but still its something.

Its better than nothing. Like you say,..a LOT of people come here,..and then nnever come back,..or dont check their profile ofetn. Its frustrating. Im just coming back to music after being out of it a long while,..and man,...its really slim picking out there.

forget about a male vocalist that can actually sing,..you know like in the eighties,....now they all scream/growl. Where have all the good voices gone? Wtf happened?
#292977 by schmedidiah
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:26 pm
if you're a premium member lurking, let the admin know if you have any frustrations with the site here. :D
#293130 by gbheil
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:08 pm
My $ 0.02
Built a band here.
Core has been together >12 years.
Met new local musicians yesterday.
It's a tool.
Tools, don't work . . . that's up to us.