This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#279158 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:03 pm
Shalom y'all,

I've recently been put in charge of putting several music teams together for 6 congregations from Charleston to Asheville (also Cleveland and Jerusalem, but that's coming later).

Lyrically, it's Christian but musically we're a lot more diverse than that. Genre would be closer to "world music" with lots of folk, european, and middle-eastern motifs so we're looking for all the usual instruments....but also all the unusual ones.

Almost all of these are start-up congregations and this is a missionary opportunity to America and beyond. There may be compensation for the leaders, basic travel expenses for the rest. Lots of opportunity outside of the congregation also.

Interested? Send an email with the subject line "ASHEVILLE" to

[email protected]

BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND BEST TIME TO CALL

#279159 by schmedidiah
Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:01 pm
Spartanburg is too upsetting to be a name of a municipality. Might trigger some snowflakes. How about Veganburg instead? :wink:
#279224 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:21 pm
schmedidiah wrote:Spartanburg is too upsetting to be a name of a municipality. Might trigger some snowflakes. How about Veganburg instead? :wink:

This....is.....SPARTA (NBURG)

It was awesome to see the totality of the solar eclipse from my front yard. Oh man...we are going to rock the world from here.
#279284 by gbheil
Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:14 am
Been attempting similar in Longview Tx area . . .
Man, what an uphill battle.
Band that was booked for tomorrow, their drummer cut his thumb near off at work today.
May God bless your efforts.
#279304 by gbheil
Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:23 pm
Always ready for rain. East Texas is topography is built for it, the lakes and forest love it.
Been one of the wettest summers in many years. My place looks like Cambodia, an I do not believe we have had even one triple digit heat day thus far. ( which is great since I'm mowing my place and the church yard three days a week. )
We've been busy, very busy. However "day job issues" have placed our front man in a position of being unavailable for the missions work, so we are in the process of reorganization.
Hopefully we wont have to drop all the commitments we've made to perform.
We'll see . . .
I figured as long as I was on line to use the search functions, I might as well drop by the forums for my fair share of
abuse. :lol:
#279336 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:44 am
sanshouheil wrote:Always ready for rain. East Texas is topography is built for it, the lakes and forest love it.
Been one of the wettest summers in many years. My place looks like Cambodia, an I do not believe we have had even one triple digit heat day thus far. ( which is great since I'm mowing my place and the church yard three days a week. )
We've been busy, very busy. However "day job issues" have placed our front man in a position of being unavailable for the missions work, so we are in the process of reorganization.
Hopefully we wont have to drop all the commitments we've made to perform.
We'll see . . .
I figured as long as I was on line to use the search functions, I might as well drop by the forums for my fair share of
abuse. :lol:

A lot has changed here since Trump won. Jimmy Danger won't show his face around here after badgering and bullying everyone about how badly Trump was going to lose for a year.

oops. :lol:
#279399 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:10 pm
https://littlstar.com/videos/72c663d1

guys, check it out....there are a dozen hummingbirds that fight on my front porch. Filmed this VR yesterday.

It's going to be another couple of weeks to get internet and phone service running up the mountain here. Using a slow Sprint hotspot for the time being; go into town to upload or download big files. The closest business to my house is where I sometimes "work", 6 miles down a country road. I think I could get used to this. 8)

Auditioning a Belarussian girl in Greenville for piano tomorrow. She looks and sounds perfect...and plays the piano too! lol

I've got dorm beds for 44 people and some "admin" log cabins for another 15-20. There is an outdoor amphitheater in the woods...amazing. It's going to take a million to restore what is here and that is before staffing but it will be operational soon and "humming" by next summer. I'm designing a Musikibbutz for next summer with several bands/artists coming in from Israel. Maybe add more international themes like that over time. We'll see.

Maybe a German metal band? hahaha nah

#279404 by DainNobody
Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:18 pm
so am I invited? log room will work..tia.. :)
#279540 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:50 pm
Shalomski,

I hated religion before I was a christian...now I hate it even more. But if you are someone who uses your musical gift for the glory of God...

We're putting together several music teams around the Carolinas, but for now focused on Spartanburg & Asheville. This is NOT typical CCM/praise music (though we would play some of that, too) and there are opportunities outside of normal services (concerts, conferences, etc) for the right people.

Looking to build something that reaches beyond the Carolinas...and need any experienced musicians who can keep what they commit to. We may be able to find a place for almost any level of musician if you work well with others. Will eventually build a choir or choral group to go with the band(s) so singers are welcome to send contact info for later, also.

If you are not of Christian faith you'd probably hate this for the first few concerts, then your life would change. :wink: Some Christians would hate it, too (hi george!) but if you have ever wanted to live by faith and change the culture around you this will be a thrilling ride.

Let's do this.

I'm now a Premium Member so you can contact me through bandmix