This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#274442 by Xathagorra
Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:33 pm
I'm an established world-known extreme death, doom and black metal musician looking for a drummer and bassist (primarily) to put together a unique, brutal older school death metal trio OR a unique, extremely brutal groove-laden death metal style (no blast beats) or perhaps mix of both.

I'm open to almost anything, if it's quality and has something unique to offer, but primarily interested in and looking for what's posted here.

I've already a ton of established material in many styles of death metal, anything from old school NYC-esque death metal, to old school Swedish death metal, to more technical/faster death metal to "djent"-esque death metal, all in my own unique styles and a mix of any styles together.

I'm a guitarist/vocalist in countless styles of extreme metal for 25+ years and drummer of 20 years. Though I can play insanely fast and technical, it's about good song writing and I'm about the music, every note with purpose. I've grown sick of speed and blast beats over the years, and more mid-paced and heavy on groove and atmosphere is always most important to me.

Just part of my "resume" can be found here: http://xi.eldritchentity.com (my label; not every release or the countless number of reviews/interviews are posted, though there's a bit) and here: http://xathagorra.bandcamp.com (offers all and some previously unreleased material). None of my faster or other death metal releases are available as of yet, but will be soon.

I've been signed to Moribund, Solitude, Antinomian and other larger indie labels. I've worked the "industry" from both ends.

I've also played in bands and with members of such bands as: Incantation, Deteriorot, Funebrarum, Evoken, Krohm, Bloodthrone, Disciples of Mockery and many others.

I'm originally from NYC/NJ but have been in northern AZ for some years now.

I've a great ear in terms of sound, style and timings. I'm about the "low tones" and use 8-strings exclusively.

You MUST be mature, dedicated and open-minded.