This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#272589 by rsm_rain
Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:48 am
I've seen at least a few people on here mention visual kei on their profiles, and it has me wondering if there'd be enough interest to get a thread going on this forum.

As of typing this, i've been writing some stuff on my own & have worked with a few musicians online, but i'm still looking to get a real band together IRL.
Is anybody else here in the same position? Or have any bands/projects gotten together here already?
If anyone's got a bandcamp / soundcloud / etc they'd want to share i'd definitely be down to check it out.
Or just hmu on twitter @rsm_saya.........shameless self-promotion is perfectly fine cuz rn i'm just trying to get to know everyone.

For anyone who's here doesn't know what visual kei is, i'm really not the best at explaining it but Dir en grey's album Gauze is probably the perfect place to start.
It's a genre/style/scene of music that's ~sorta~ been popular, sorta been underground in Japan since the late 80s, there've been something like five bands from scandanavia, and i'm wondering how possible it would be to get some bands going over here in america.

But that's just my take, what's yours?
#274416 by VkBIJOU
Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:59 am
Not sure. My band classifies as visual kei. Working on recording a couple songs before really dropping any info. Too bad there aren't any american forms that are active on the topic.
#274421 by schmedidiah
Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:08 pm
It's been brought up by a few people in my 3 years here a number of times, but seems to be a non starter, frankly. This forum hardly has any regulars anyway, but you're welcome to discuss whatever you like.

here's an advanced search I did with the search option at the top of the screen.

https://forum.bandmix.com/search.php?keywords=visual+kei+&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Good luck!
#275679 by Badstrat
Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:00 pm
"But that's just my take, what's yours?"

Just swipe your moms makeup kit and go for it. We do have something here similar to that but they do not play instruments. We call them drag queens. They're everywhere these days.
#275755 by rsm_rain
Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:45 am
schmedidiah wrote:here's an advanced search I did with the search option at the top of the screen.

hey thanks for the 'advanced search' actually, i didn't know that was a thing you could do here.

Honestly i'm just trying to get as many messages w/ my contact info out on various sites as possible, so that hopefully if anyone else ends up searching for a similar band the results w/ my name are easy to find.
Hope it doesn't come off as spam but i figure there's a million forums online not about vk, it's not gonna have any real effect to mention it a few times wherever.

@Bijou - i followed you a while back on IG, & i'm def interested to hear what you all end up recording. Does your band have any social medias yet or are you waiting for the first release?

& i guess MCH could count? but their artists & classified section is definitely underutilized so far.
#275801 by schmedidiah
Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:10 pm
saya-vk wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:here's an advanced search I did with the search option at the top of the screen.

hey thanks for the 'advanced search' actually, i didn't know that was a thing you could do here.

Honestly i'm just trying to get as many messages w/ my contact info out on various sites as possible, so that hopefully if anyone else ends up searching for a similar band the results w/ my name are easy to find.
Hope it doesn't come off as spam but i figure there's a million forums online not about vk, it's not gonna have any real effect to mention it a few times wherever.

Yeah go for it. get the word out.