This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#271763 by NallAndVoid
Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:50 pm
https://post.craigslist.org/manage/5938829849/9ds6y

About us: We are a group of recovering cover band musicians coming together in a new band in hopes of creating something special. By special I mean a group of friends who can talk, communicate, collaborate and create great music together without allowing the stress of band business and politics from interfering and derailing the project. Our ages range from about mid-30's to early 50's but we are open to talent that may fall outside that range in either direction. DC Metro region: most of us are in NoVA, one of us lives in MD.

Our influences are myriad and include the obvious (Dead, Allmans, Phish, Stones, Floyd, Zeppelin, etc.) and not-so-obvious (you'll have to meet us to find out - too many to list - suffice to say, a lot of good material to draw upon and we are absolutely certain you will love, if not like, at least some of them!). While we obviously want to pay homage to the music we love and will start out covering common material, we also have a slow growth plan to gradually include existing original material, and write more through collaboration - in hopes of some day actually being able to stand apart both technically, proficiently and artistically from our respected and talented cover band peers. We are all adults, mostly married (some w/children), so while we do plan on regular gigging, our eventual goal is to be a local/regional act with not more than 1-2 gigs a month. Unless we get wildly successful and can all quit our day jobs, then the sky is the limit! But, I digress. . . right now we are gravitating to practice at Crashbox Studio in Sterling, VA but open to discussion or opportunities if your location and travel would merit compromise. (yes, we split the cost to rent a room, but they are cheap, well-equipped, and mostly free us from the possibility of domestic distraction).

About you: We are hoping to find a reasonably seasoned and experienced (has played in front of a live audience at least semi-professionally), solid, technically proficient, yet talented keyboardist, reasonably knowledgeable (at least in theory - a solid background in jazz gets you a pass on a lot of checkpoints) of the principle classic rock and jam bands and approach(es). Vocals a distinct plus. Creative writing ability a big plus. The usual caveats like professional equipment, good team player attitude, transportation, etc. do apply, along with the expectations that we all share the responsibility of doing our homework and showing up to practice prepared, especially for material we aren't intimately familiar with. We also prefer someone who knows the difference between work (serious practice, gigs) and play (hey, we need a break, lets get together and just jam this weekend) and the discipline and focus each may (or may not) require. We're not at the point where we can ask exclusivity but if we get to the point where we are gigging regularly, please don't be surprised if that conversation arises. (so if you have other projects on the side don't let that dissuade you from responding. . .)

Additionally, band management roles and responsibilities above the base musician participation expectations are TBD and evolving (i.e. marketing, promotion, gigs, music/practice direction, recording, etc.). Once we have a final line up, we'll have at least one or two serious meetings about all of the other stuff that has to happen, and who can and will do what and try to map out a plan. We probably have most or all of that covered, but if you bring any interest or ability in those areas to the table, rest assured your participation will be appreciated. I'm a project manager in my real job, so happy to help lead conversations that will allow us to organize and set realistic milestones and expectations.

So, if you made it this far, I assume this interests you, so, please drop me an email:

mongroovingtonATgmailDOTcom

I'll follow up with an email with my personal contact information and some possible times we can have a phone chat and hopefully go from there to set up a chance to play some music together and go from there.

Thanks for your interest!!!

Possible Tags: Page McConnell, Brent Mydland, Al Kooper, Melvin Seals, Steve Windwood, Donald Fagen, Greg Allman, Rick Wakemen, Ray Manzarek, Richard Wright, Keith Godchaux, Stevie Wonder, Elton John, Nicky Hopkins, Jeff Chementi, Rob Boracco, Al Stewart. Hammond B3