This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#267948 by mystr0
Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:02 am
I'm currently looking for musicians and vocalist in Memphis, Germantown, Raleigh,TN and Southaven, Olive Branch, MS. If you or someone you know lives in these areas and is ready to work. Give me a call. This is not a robot. Search "Ready" under bands on BM and get info and updates.
#270044 by mystr0
Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:23 pm
Still having fun and still looking for players and vocaleses to jam with. Check out my style by listening to my new song "sunny n cool" on my BM profile page "Ready". More on the way. Stay with me.
#270545 by mystr0
Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:25 pm
Happy Holidays to you all. Be sure you check out my profile "Ready" to hear my tune "sun & cool". Its just a sample of what I can do with the help of good musicians and vocalese. Come jam with me in Soulsville USA. Jeff is waiting now for your call. Thanks again.
#270548 by Planetguy
Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:42 pm
memphis1 wrote:Happy Holidays to you all. Be sure you check out my profile "Ready" to hear my tune "sun & cool". Its just a sample of what I can do with the help of good musicians and vocalese.

No waaaaaay......you did that with a "Band"????? :shock:

How did you get a band to sound like a $100 Casio playing to 1980 Alesis SR-16 drum machine?
#270558 by DainNobody
Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:49 pm
memphis1 wrote:Happy Holidays to you all. Be sure you check out my profile "Ready" to hear my tune "sun & cool". Its just a sample of what I can do with the help of good musicians and vocalese. Come jam with me in Soulsville USA. Jeff is waiting now for your call. Thanks again.

Sir, could you check out RG Mix and me doing some music together? think you will like it? it is a pass around track so feel free to add a killer Abraham Laboriel style bass line to it if you desire.. keyboards too need added.. and maybe a flute :lol: :?:

https://soundcloud.com/dayne-nobody-iv/ ... ass-around
#270562 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:36 pm
Maybe it's one of the original Boss Dr Rhythm machines? I bought a used 1st gen one around 1985 for $30. Found it in a box of old gear a few years ago, put it on ebay and sold it for $20! The last time I had hooked it up (around 1997) the main cymbal sound had fizzed badly, not that the non-sampled sounds were all that good to start out with. What a PITA that was to work with - you had to program each measure, 1 at a time (select from a small set of single-measure loops, or create your own), but for a songwriter in the mid-80s that had just quit his band, it was a good tool. Somewhere I've got cassettes of a few song demos using it - it was so time-consuming to program, I only used it a few times, but I venture to think they sounded much like NOTready's tune (I had a $79 Casio at the time!)
#270563 by DainNobody
Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:42 pm
maybe the logic of making very lo-fi recordings is for people to not want to steal them? that's what I was thinking, but people complain, and I had to break out the DAW again.. :o for just passing around musical ideas I see that as far as lo-fi, a musician with "real ears" should be able to hear if the musical idea will work or not.. when it's ready, take it to a $80.00 an hour pro studio?
#270567 by DainNobody
Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:37 pm
I must admit planetguy, I got a good laugh out of your cartoon you put together..THANK-YOU! :idea:
#270656 by mystr0
Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:27 pm
Awww... You shouldn't have. You really shouldn't have. In case you didnt recognize them, these characters are my get along gang from my other forum "Ready, busy and back for more"on general chat. Thanks for the support guys(stop embarrassing me) lol

PS...I don't own a drum machine or a Casio keyboard. Sorry.
#270658 by Planetguy
Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:45 pm
memphis1 wrote:
PS...I don't own a drum machine or a Casio keyboard. Sorry.

well, then it's good news that you don't have to drop any bread on 'em cos you already have the sound and vibe nailed!
#270676 by mystr0
Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:42 am
New music!! New music!!! Go to my profile page "Ready" and check out "Coltrane's Dream" and my newest snippet "Just Cool". More to come. I'm just getting warmed up....or is that "charged" up. Right guys?...ready now.