This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#266097 by emiko1156590
Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:38 pm
Hi everyone! I found this forum and it looks like a geat place to leave a little information about the arts access nonprofit I work for. It looks like there is a lot of talent on here, and I think that many of you would be perfect for the type of volunteer we're looking for!

Our organization is called Sing for Hope, and we're based in Midtown, Manhattan. Our goal is to bring music and art to populations that would not normally have regular access to the arts. We recruit artists of every kind (singers, instrumentalists, actors, visual artists, dancers, etc) to perform for/conduct workshops with folks with memory loss, disabilities, those in nursing homes, veterans homes, and more. We have a bunch of volunteering opportunities in the city (and in every borough expect Staten Island) and we are always looking for new volunteers!!

We also take wonderful pictures and videos of all the volunteers' performances, work, and workshops, and we are more than happy to share them afterwards.

Here's our video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o5KFtmC8Uw

Please don't hesitate to reply on here or (probably more efficiently) email me at [email protected] if you have any questions or want more info!
Thanks everybody!
Emi