This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#263657 by schmedidiah
Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:34 pm
Jookeyman wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:Apparently, things have changed and now your entire soundcloud roster can go up on your player here.

Been that way since I started here last Oct., Schmeddy.
You go to the music section in your profile and add Soundcloud there.

Yeah. But it was news to Mark and some others. I think you used to pick your songs indiviiually.
Just funny to me, because I used to get abused on here for not having music posted. A lot of responses like "well, who the hell are you? You don't even have any music on your profile". I don't hear that much anymore. :roll: :lol:

Got most of the way through your playlist last night and loved it Jahva. Reminds me of my buddy Mike's old playlist under the name Polyfusia. He tanked it all down. It was like Tom Petty with very intelligent music and subversive lyrics.

Also going through my buddy Fureon Nectarmoon's playlist last night as well. He's a college age melvins fan in St Petersburg (Russia). Very bizarre, yet catchy. :shock:

https://m.soundcloud.com/fureon
#263658 by Planetguy
Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:41 pm
schmedidiah wrote:
Yeah. But it was news to Mark and some others. I think you used to pick your songs indiviiually.
Just funny to me, because I used to get abused on here for not having music posted. A lot of responses like "well, who the hell are you? You don't even have any music on your profile". I don't hear that much anymore. :roll: :lol:

ahhhh. that's just the good ol' standard everyday "Welcome to BANDMIX" welcome mat that's always put out for newbies! :lol:
#263661 by schmedidiah
Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:51 pm
Planetguy wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:

ahhhh. that's just the good ol' standard everyday "Welcome to BANDMIX" welcome mat that's always put out for newbies! :lol:

But I also got it from young guys who would come here and ask our opinion on their autotuned weakass sh*t with 1.5 million (fake) likes on yt! :lol:

Nice! :mrgreen:
#263682 by schmedidiah
Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:08 pm
Jookeyman wrote:
'Melodic Doom Metal'??? :shock:

*Sub-sub-sub-genre 8)
#263694 by Jahva
Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:40 pm
Planetguy wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:

Yup...
But there were a few that never posted a sound but hung out some years ago... they seem to get the benefit of doubt from the old guard. Not most but a few slipped in... :| I think they came for the politico jargon...

Mark whatever happened to Capt. I think he was still around when you arrived. Did he go out in flames... tearing into someone. :lol:
He was pretty wild... Both he and Lynard D were a trip, but I enjoyed their sense of humor. :)
#263695 by Jahva
Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:43 pm
I tried to post a new Drop box link yesterday... didn't work. I think Band Mix doesn't like that kind of chit anymore... :evil: :roll:
#263696 by Jahva
Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:47 pm
schmedidiah wrote:
Jookeyman wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:Got most of the way through your playlist last night and loved it Jahva. Reminds me of my buddy Mike's old playlist under the name Polyfusia. He tanked it all down. It was like Tom Petty with very intelligent music and subversive lyrics.

Also going through my buddy Fureon Nectarmoon's playlist last night as well. He's a college age melvins fan in St Petersburg (Russia). Very bizarre, yet catchy. :shock:

https://m.soundcloud.com/fureon

Appreciate that man...
I had some time today started going through yours and Mark SC... i really like the Black Birds tune didn't get far past it will check out some others tomorrow! 8)
#263699 by Planetguy
Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:29 pm
Jahva wrote:
Mark whatever happened to Capt. I think he was still around when you arrived. Did he go out in flames... tearing into someone. :lol:
He was pretty wild... Both he and Lynard D were a trip, but I enjoyed their sense of humor. :)

Capt aka Starfish Scott bailed... must be what....close to two yrs ago???? Have you been gone that long, Jahva?!!!

He could be quite caustic and throw down some serious rants, but I always liked him and usually found him very amusing and insightful. He and i never had any friction. He certainly didn't suffer fools gladly and to his credit....he would talk music at length.

I think he split after a big range war w GuitarMike. Does that sound right, Mike?

I caught the tail end of Lynard...wow, he was a character!
#263704 by RGMixProject
Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:34 am
Planetguy wrote:
Jahva wrote:

Capt aka Starfish Scott bailed... must be what....close to two yrs ago???? Have you been gone that long, Jahva?!!!

He could be quite caustic and throw down some serious rants, but I always liked him and usually found him very amusing and insightful. He and i never had any friction. He certainly didn't suffer fools gladly and to his credit....he would talk music at length.

I think he split after a big range war w GuitarMike. Does that sound right, Mike?

I think the world class musician Craig Maxim had his hand on some of it.
#263858 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:39 pm
Planetguy wrote:
Jahva wrote:

He got all pissy because of some chick (who was registered on BM) supposedly stalking him, and I found her profile and said 'this one'? As if me posting her profile link would somehow lead her to the post where he was dissing her? Like she wouldn't know it was her he was talking about? He came back one more time, then disappeared. Must have been that New Jersey air. :roll:
#263865 by DainNobody
Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:07 pm
Chief Engineer Scott, had a way with words for sure, I always envied him because he was so good at choosing words and having a good way of presenting stories.. sorely missed by me.. :(
#263947 by Jahva
Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:15 am
Ehhh... probably shouldn't brought that up...
Politics spoiled the chit out of this place... I remember PaperDog left back then from all the sparring. (But he could write a damn song)
I remember him putting his first album together and we got to watch it develop... how friggin cool was that? 8)
But I get it... I know it's entertainment for some.
But I seriously doubt anyone here has ever moved the needle on someone else. Libs are Libs Cons stay put and the middle remains the same.
I could never understand why a bunch of really good/great musicians wouldn't just take all that political passion angst or whatever the hell it is and put it into your music... maybe you do. At least I could hear it with some ripping guitar or dirty bass solo or some damn jazz chords I could never play...

I do hope you are all doing well... and those no longer here.
And I'll leave it at that... if anyone is working on some tunage I'll give a listen.
#263986 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:13 pm
Jahva wrote:Ehhh... probably shouldn't brought that up...
Politics spoiled the chit out of this place... I remember PaperDog left back then from all the sparring. (But he could write a damn song)
I remember him putting his first album together and we got to watch it develop... how friggin cool was that? 8)
But I get it... I know it's entertainment for some.
But I seriously doubt anyone here has ever moved the needle on someone else. Libs are Libs Cons stay put and the middle remains the same.
I could never understand why a bunch of really good/great musicians wouldn't just take all that political passion angst or whatever the hell it is and put it into your music... maybe you do. At least I could hear it with some ripping guitar or dirty bass solo or some damn jazz chords I could never play...

I do hope you are all doing well... and those no longer here.
And I'll leave it at that... if anyone is working on some tunage I'll give a listen.

At least Admin created a forum section for all that non-music crap, so its not mixed into the general section of the forum any more. I actually used a lot of the fodder as basis for new lyrics - expect occasional ripping guitar on my 5th album (#4 is in process right now).