This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#270436 by schmedidiah
Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:20 pm
Jookeyman wrote:I fixed the flats. The little things throw me off.
Yeah, +5 is aug.5th.

Ok. Makes sense.
#291126 by Jahva
Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:25 am
Still have the notion of putting together some sort of album collection whatever they're called these days... :lol:
Redid this one and used Superior Drummer... only have the simple version so you have loops then you have to piece a lot of things together. Really the first attempts for me working with anything MIDI.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/18k3cho7c4i8q ... 0.mp3?dl=0
#291269 by schmedidiah
Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:02 am
I've gotten pretty decent at adding drum tracks to songs Jahva. just don't ask the guys around here who say my music sucks. :lol:
#291275 by Jahva
Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:18 pm
schmedidiah wrote:I've gotten pretty decent at adding drum tracks to songs Jahva. just don't ask the guys around here who say my music sucks. :lol:

Oh I've got plenty of suck music... least that's what the wife tells me. :mrgreen:
But I aint mad... it wasn't made for her anyway. :)
#291276 by schmedidiah
Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:21 pm
:lol:
#291373 by Jahva
Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:14 am
Something new I'm working on... kind of East meets West... I think.
Called
I Drink too Much
Just a start on the vocal... Really haven't even finished the lyrics yet.
But I like how the music is coming along..

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Public/ ... e=personal
#291897 by schmedidiah
Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:18 pm
sorry I forgot to check these tracks out previously. now the middle one is gone. excellent tunes! 8)
#291899 by DainNobody
Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:48 pm
I love Arrows Jahva..are we sure you are not some headliner national music act and you just go by Jahva amongst us wannabes? LOL..dude the drums are what made the tune..at least gave it a great foundation to build upon..
#291900 by DainNobody
Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:11 pm
Jahva..if you ever decide to do live shows..since Arrows blows everything I have heard recently out of the water at any open Mic night and since I don't patronize the 5 dollar entrance fee to see bands in Springfield I can assume a few sets of your music similar in quality to Arrows would decimate live music at those too..
Throwing this out there..if you want to audition me ever to possibly work up your material. If I can cut the mustard..I would do so..not that you don't have enough players in N. C. Or whatever..but sometimes it's hard to find bassist and to do a tune live like Arrows would be thrilling even as a bassist..guy I think your tunes on par with Arrows would captivate an audience and think you would build a substantial fan base if you already don't have one just by playing LIVE a few times..
#291901 by DainNobody
Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:19 pm
Ok..I will be honest..Arrows is kind of like a hybrid between a cross of Green Day meets Tom Petty with a touch of The Ramones on amphetamines
#291906 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:29 pm
I remember you said you weren't interested n doing music live - is this still true? You used to do drums via keyboards, right? Superior Drummer is a big step up - I know because I made the similar leap, except to EZDrummer, which is the baby brother to SD, it has fewer parameters that you can adjust (which is good in my case - no worrying about mic type/placement, EQing and compression on the basic parts.
#291911 by Jahva
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:50 pm
Not sure what to make of your comments Dayne but Thanks for giving a listen... :)

Schmed thanks as well :)

Yeah Mike... that ship sailed long ago as far as I'm concerned.
It's a young mans sport.. doing originals that is at least the style or sound I prefer... loud guitars and drums.

Superior Drummer is a blast but I have the stripped down version so I don't have a whole lot to work with. You get 4/4 and 3/4 and some jazz crap I'll never use :mrgreen: But you can write your own since it's midi...
#291913 by DainNobody
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:07 pm
I can assure you nothing but positivity...I was overwhelmed by Arrows..
#291935 by Jahva
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:03 pm
It's all good Dayne... :)
Actually I thought you might like Drink too much... not finished lyrically or vox but I'm sticking with the music. Performance needs some work... but I dig it. My elementary attempt at a bit of Eastern scale... :? I guess. :mrgreen: