This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#239575 by schmedidiah
Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:32 pm
Yeah, you need to move. If you're serious about this stuff. A tiny apartment in New York, Chicago or California (probably with roommates) is in your future.
Let's say you could find a few musicians who wanted to put that together. Could you also find enough fans to support it? Just trying to be honest and helpful. Good luck.
#239603 by schmedidiah
Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:45 am
That's the spirit! I can't do any of that. Can't move. Can't get a band together that more than our families would want to see onstage (one time, tops). Can't. Won't. But you go get em!
#239605 by MikeTalbot
Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:11 am
Actually, if you really want it - you have to go where it is. You have to ask yourself - why are there no players like me around here?

What joints would hire us to play, what agents will book us. Do major players ever troll these waters.

On the other hand you never know - you might stumble into something tonight. I hope you do!

Talbot
#239619 by midnitehellion
Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:51 pm
If only you could change the C to a J, we’d be in business! Visual Kei is still a huge thing in general and has recently expanded more out of Japan. I say recently meaning within the last 15 years, compared to the initial movement in the 80’s which was more exclusive to Japan, haha. X-Japan played Madison Square Garden last year, which is a huge feat to say the least!

The last sentence in the paragraph above is proof enough that there is a demand for what you are looking to do.

Now…moving on to the Power Metal aspect….I have a Heavy Metal band based in NJ and it looks like we may be needing a new singer again sooner than later. We are more stylized toward Judas Priest overall, but that’s the predecessor to Power Metal, so elements of Power Metal are included for sure. I would personally love to make the show more like a KISS show in terms of production, staging, etc., where it’s an entire experience that stimulates all the senses and not just the auditory one.

If you’re interested in seeing if we can do something, shoot me an e-mail – [email protected]
#246682 by VkBIJOU
Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:53 am
I'm building a visual kei band here in NJ. I simply need a second guitarist. Very much inspired by the visuals of Versailles and D.

You're from NC, so you aren't far from a good place to move; nyc or nj. I have to say, i totally dig your look. It gives me a pretty spiffy idea, ESPECIALLY if youre inspired by Kamijo.

(Edit)

Not to step on his toes or anything. You seem like you feel there are no vk bands around. Like its mentioned, there are bands in America if you're willing to move. As it stands, it seems like you have options here in Jersey. A few hard rock and metal bands, and to toss my deal in the hat; a visual kei band.

You most certainly have options. Now all you need is a one way ticket to the garden state. :D
#275433 by rsm_rain
Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:44 am
i'm not sure this reply will actually get read by anyone, but this thread shows up whenever i search the site for 'visual kei' so might as well put a response here in case anyone does the same and sees it.

I'm a guitarist based out of Austin TX, also looking for a vkei band. my phone number is 972.800.6775, if it has anything to do with vk band stuff you can text me (or message me on LINE) anytime. i'm writing this in 2017 but it'll probably hold true for any year someone reads this.

and as a side note, if you're someone who's also looking to start a band, of any genre/scene i guess, on this site, don't forget to put a second means of contact in the text on your profile, or at least have an easily searchable name and a page on twitter, facebook, soundcloud, or bandcamp where people can message you bc to the best of my knowledge, there's no way to contact people on this site without paying actual money and literally no one's gonna do that lol

There seems to be a good deal of people who have some interest in vk, or at least use that phrase as a tag in your profiles, but this site doesn't offer any real way to actually get in contact with anyone.
#275482 by schmedidiah
Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:21 pm
if there are sufficient numbers to sustain your sub-genre, why do we keep seeing these posts? one of you should start a forum on this stuff. not hard to do.

http://www.freeforums.org/