This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#206349 by Cajundaddy
Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:30 pm

#206354 by poprockdude
Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:12 am
Come on, don't lose focus people. Help me discover something good where I can start my search fresh without all of this craziness I keep running into here.

Someone who isn't a big time regular here instead of these other guys who love to jack my thread and who are easily aggravated, and see my posts as spam rather than being your relaxed individual and someone who has patience and can take the time to relate to what I'm looking for, and offer help with intelligence, and wisdom.

Read the first post of this topic, and do what you can to help.

#206367 by Cajundaddy
Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:35 am

#206956 by localinsomniac
Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:23 pm
poprockdude wrote:
Jahva wrote:
poprockdude wrote:... by talking to like-minded individuals.

They're not here.
And taking the same path just leads to the same results.

No one here has an answer to meet your requirements. Like I said you've exhausted the advice and line of people that have tried to assist you.

But why did they give up so easily? Why didn't they listen to me when I actually stated that I tried their suggestion or pointed out the flaws in that person's suggestion instead of judging me and making rude observations about me or trying to push me to try the given suggestion?

Also when I offered some suggestions of my own, why were those ignored?

Come on, Jahva. Talk to me. I need a lot more places to work with, and that's been one of the main problems in my search. Instead of having 10 different places to advertize what I'm about, I've been going back and forth between the 3 different places, and whenever I think I've found something that shows promise, it either ends up folding, or it ends up being filled with assholes, or it's a website that has an ugly user interface, or something.

I've read through a ton of your posts, man. They all say the same basic things, in generally the same tone. Based on that, I wouldn't have the patience to work with you. Frankly, your approach and personality are exhausting.

#207041 by Starfish Scott
Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:10 am
lol Just don't leave a mark on Cliff...ouch.

#209088 by TeleTwang
Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:08 pm
Maybe www.match.com

Just sayin'...

#209091 by gbheil
Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:12 pm
Thejohnny7band wrote:Image

OMG how did I miss HER !

Doy-ing doy-ing doy-ing ooooooooooooooooooooooh baaaaaabyyyyyyyyyyyyy :wink:
#281595 by Keyla2018
Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:19 am
@poprockdude

Hey poprockdude. I dont know why some ppl are so rude on here to you, but just ignore their BS; theyre just bitter and have no manners, and probably have no girlfriend either. Anyhow, Im looking for similar websites as well as Im not too excited about this one. its ok, but youd like other similar probably better sites. Im looking as well, and the only thing I can think of at the moment is to go to meetup.com and search for music or musicians groups in your area. I found some nice relatively close by groups that might be good for meeting other musicians; like local jam sessions and such. Thanks ! Good luck to you ! :)
#281942 by Pushin Time Band
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:20 pm
My rule of thumb...

Those that can, are already doing it.

Those that can't, usually are constantly looking regardless of "forum".

If you want the top folks, that are most likely already gigging.

The second type, IMHO, is the "I will play with anyone, but not commit to anyone"... They have their own "challenges"...

The third type are usually, the ones whose bands just broke up after years and they know enough people that they get scooped up quickly...

The last type is the one that is either the Psycho or marginal talent... Well.. 'nuff said...

My suggestion, if you are talented, just go out and play wherever and whenever possible. Meet people, play music at open Mic night, jam sessions as much as you can. Eventually, you will hook up with the right people...

Just be available and not a psycho stalker and you will find the right group...
#281972 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:01 pm
Hey, congrats you two on necro-reviving a 4-year-old thread from a guy who would not take any of the advice given him with good meaning when he started posting here (this was just one of many threads).
#281974 by schmedidiah
Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:05 pm
JoeR43 wrote:My rule of thumb...

Those that can, are already doing it.

Those that can't, usually are constantly looking regardless of "forum".

If you want the top folks, that are most likely already gigging.

The second type, IMHO, is the "I will play with anyone, but not commit to anyone"... They have their own "challenges"...

The third type are usually, the ones whose bands just broke up after years and they know enough people that they get scooped up quickly...

The last type is the one that is either the Psycho or marginal talent... Well.. 'nuff said...

My suggestion, if you are talented, just go out and play wherever and whenever possible. Meet people, play music at open Mic night, jam sessions as much as you can. Eventually, you will hook up with the right people...

Just be available and not a psycho stalker and you will find the right group...

this. all day long.
#290212 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:17 pm
Merdynn wrote:PopRockDude, I may be what you're looking for.

[email protected]
8threetwo 727 four6three5

5-year-old thread! Poor half-blind 'Cliffy' who just wanted friends to play with moved out of here long ago. But thanks for necro-ing the thread, always good for a laugh, like the 'boing boing' girl above!
#290215 by Jahva
Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:21 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
Merdynn wrote:PopRockDude, I may be what you're looking for.

[email protected]
8threetwo 727 four6three5

5-year-old thread! Poor half-blind 'Cliffy' who just wanted friends to play with moved out of here long ago. But thanks for necro-ing the thread, always good for a laugh, like the 'boing boing' girl above!

Holy chit...
I remember this guy... He was partially blind played the casio was into was it Michael Jackson... wanted a play date more than a musician... lulz trolled the hell out of us. :lol: :lol:
#290216 by schmedidiah
Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:01 pm
I miss Cliffy. Besides 90 db he was the first person here to tell me my music sucks. :lol:

Why should it matter an old thread gets revived (necro'd)? At least it pertains to music and makes us chuckle. :wink: